A second new machine? [Analog Rytm launch, January 2014]

Jon wrote
Analog Keys revealed. But we have been working on another machine as well. It is shown in Berlin - placed inside a cube with frosted glass, meaning no one has seen it in the flesh - and will be released very very soon. It won’t replace any of our current offerings and will be one hell of a machine.

http://instagram.com/p/hEb6EhliAg/

This post might be lost in all the hoopla surround the Keys…

Recommence Elektronauts Spekulation Fest '13!

1 Like

It won’t replace any of our current offerings

Maybe there really IS a reason the MachineDrum is currently out of stock?

That would be THE BEST result for me. I’ve been without a drum machine since I traded my MD in June and couldn’t pull the trigger on a replacement- nothing else was really worth it to me.

I don’t think I’ve had my MachineDrum for a full month yet? :confused: I’m hoping it’s not a new drum machine just for that alone. Though, an analog drum machine would sell like crazy right now!

Analog Drum

1 Like

I feel like I just got dick teased. Or perhaps a carrot on the end of a stick teased would be amore forum friendly analogy?

Peter Kirn of CDM just informed me on twitter the only way we will see the new machine tonight is if he gets them drunk enough haha! Looks like we will have to wait a bit to see the REAL new machine!

SOMEONE PAYPAL PETER ENOUGH MONEY TO GET ELEKTRON BLASTED!

A hybrid one would sell even better- 6-8 analog drum tracks- not A4 synthesis depth but deep enough that it’s unique, and then tracks with limited sample buffers (no looping- so the OT is not replaced), possibly some sample chopping/editing on board- HOPEFULLY some bit rate conversion, and there you have it.

The drum machine of the decade.

1 Like
  • 1 :-1:
  • 1 :-1: [/quote]
    teevee that Analog Keys really put you in a bad mood, huh?

I’d rather it not be an analog anything >.>

It seems pretty inevitable that it’s a new drum machine- they already have a digital, and any other type of drum synth wouldn’t make sense for Elektron (weak FM drum synth? FM synths need to be fully featured polysynths).

I’d rather the price-point was reasonable and sounded good. :smiley: $1200 +/-$150. I don’t want to see something from Elektron that’s in the price range of the Tempest.

kind of how i feel too… would rather have something weird and digital… but w/analog these days… the more the merrier i guess… “everyone’s doing it!”
meh… there’s plenty of analog out there… i guess people are still all gaga stupid pants over the idea of an analog poly synth because ZOMG cantz make teh musicz w/o teh analog polysynth! even though buying a nord lead will get it done x10.
but i/m sure there are cool things to be done w/an elektron synth of any kind so… whatever it is i’m sure people will find it useful.

The mystery box in action
https://vine.co/v/hUBA7Wbrrru

1 Like
  • 1 :-1: [/quote]
    teevee that Analog Keys really put you in a bad mood, huh?[/quote]
    Kinda yeah, development a new drummachine would be wacko in my eyes…because Roger Linn can launch his “Linndrum 2” any month and that could be a decay for Elektron if they dig more drummachines….

… and now my roommates are worried about me after screaming. >_>

kind of how i feel too… would rather have something weird and digital… but w/analog these days… the more the merrier i guess… “everyone’s doing it!”
meh… there’s plenty of analog out there… i guess people are still all gaga stupid pants over the idea of an analog poly synth because ZOMG cantz make teh musicz w/o teh analog polysynth! even though buying a nord lead will get it done x10.
but i/m sure there are cool things to be done w/an elektron synth of any kind so… whatever it is i’m sure people will find it useful. [/quote]
I don’t know of any other analog polys with keys other that DSIs so its hardly at saturation point. That said there is a solid market for a tempest contender. The only other option is jomox and there sloppy IMO.

Also not sure why a nord lead is a direct substitute for an/any analog synth.

wohooooooo :smiley: