A rant because I‘m so angry! (they try to sell open boxes as new!)

I live in Vienna, and there is exactly one! musicshop that sells all kinds of electronic music stuff. (keyboards, beatboxes, synths, all of it)

It was now not the first time they tried to sell me opened boxes (this time with a bunch of adhesive tape on it) as new.

I‘m so done with it and I need to get this out.

I tried to support local shops, but fuck it! :rage:

If I want that I would buy second hand.

4 Likes

many large online shops do this as well from time to time, do you pickup from the shop or by delivery? if you do pickup then you can instantly see what you’re getting…

btw there was a thread about this, many shops were mentioned:

3 Likes

A few months back i bought a Yamaha Reface NEW off Andertons. Well it wasn’t. The seal had been broken and the contents tampered with. First time in many years though. They did say somehow the B stock got mixed in with the New stock and a full apology and refund. Maybe times are getting hard for the shops?

1 Like

thats what i’ve done.
go there, try to be nice, and expect new goods.

in eu you have more rights if you order online, i made now my decision.
a shame it is!

2 Likes

…even the big retailers sometimes don’t sell u b stock as b stock…
don’t be angry with ur local music store…they just can’t afford too much b stock…
as long the gear worx, all what’s suppose to be part of the box is actually in there and the invoice remains an official one, u’d be fine…

2 Likes

I‘m angry because the store guy insisted it was brand new.
I cant gel with it.

no. i need to work hard for money. if i want to buy something new, then i want exactly that, and not lies.

9 Likes

Many years ago I ordered a Hughes and Kettner Rotosphere Leslie simulator from a guitar shop in Colchester. After a week or two the called me to say it had arrived, went to collect it and the cheeky bastards had opened it and were playing with it in the shop. I didn’t want to make a scene but I was somewhat miffed to say the least.

6 Likes

totally agree with the sentiment, however the gear works properly and you still want to support them you can ask a refund to b-stock price.
your choice obviously and again, I totally agree with the sentiment, trust is a thing and can very much impact the decision to support or not support a business.

…u can always insist, if it’s obviously b stock, they better give u a better pricetag…otherwise u hand it right back to them and make it a now double b stock while u go to spent ur money elsewhere…

meanwhile, if u don’t see any use for an official invoice, why not search for better deals on 2nd markets in first place…brandnew is only brandnew for a few weeks anyways…

3 Likes

The EU right of return is a good policy, but people abuse it to try things out that they don’t intend to keep, and I can see why a store would not want to lose money as a result. I don’t like them pretending it’s new, but forcing them to knock 10% off for “b-stock” when in fact it is a-stock with some seals broken doesn’t seem right either. No easy answers here.

18 Likes

it was bad sealed with adhesive tape. he sayed it’s brand new. that’s a lie straight into my face. i don’t want that. I don’t want to support liers.

3 Likes

Sure. I am not saying you did anything wrong. I would be upset also. I’ve just been mulling over the consequences of this blanket policy in my new home.

Thats the bit thats wrong. Openly admit they tried one on or whatever. But to dig a hole deeper rubs you up the wrong way. They lose your trust and custom and the feedback usually puts them out of business long term.

4 Likes

exactly what happened with me. i won’t go there again.

1 Like

So should all items returned within the 14 days EU right of return be then sold at a discount and labelled as B-Stock?

First of all, they shouldn’t lie, okay? :+1:

Second, way better: This box is opened, do you want to inspect and try out right now? That’s not a lie and acceptable.

I had this before, DV in the UK. I complained, got an apology and a new replacement but never shopped there again. It was clear that they tried it, and some people don’t complain.

And to answer it to the point:

Yes, they should. A seller does not need to accept a customer, If one does it the third time I wouldn’t want that customer. It’s your right to say: no I don’t want to sell you anything.

Thoman sells goods as b-stock, with a few bucks off. That is acceptable.
Amazon does it too (warehouse deals,…).
If a shop does not want to do this they should not offer online service.

Other than that: I was there, and the guy lied. How in any way could I knew that thing wasn’t a store display model where more than one had their hands on it?

It was just a question. Maybe the answer is Yes they should be sold as B-Stock. I don’t know the answer.

2 Likes