A free, pre'sliced' pack of sample chains for your DT (mostly analog drums)

Hey 'nauts,

Finally got around to a project i’ve been putting off for a while - making sample chains for the Digitakt to extend my range while jamming and make swapping sounds even easier. Took me ages and thought I’d pay forward all the help and insight I’ve gotten from this forum by simply making it available to you! They work like a charm.

Should also work well for the AR (as they have the same LEN parameter of 120.) Push to turn an encoder to easily jump to an exact slice start - all slices are at multiples of 4, so that you can easily find the slice start and end by holding the start or len knob down while turning.

Sifted through approx. 4,000 drum samples that came with a used Model Samples the previous owner had dumped in there semi-uncategorized. Finally got down to about 30 samples I liked per drum voice and sorted them roughly by machine, manufacturer, or general sound. Arranged them in Ableton into chains. (Why not Octachainer, you ask? Well, OctaChainer’s great, but it can’t put a HPF on all your non-bassy percussion. I did! Never fear your digitakt’s lack of bandpass filter again!) *

Contains:

• 31 kits (prefix “kt”) kick, tom, snare, clap, closed hat, open hat
  • 12 chains (prefix “ch”) of other perc sounds, like shakers, rims, etc.
  • 2 single cycle waveforms chains from roland MC and roland TB - set len=4, start point around 16, LFO start time with low depth, and have fun.
  • One looooong Jomox kick sample cause…hngghhh.

Tip - set up a pattern template where T1 start 0, LEN 20 / T2 start 20, LEN 20 / T3 start 40, LEN 20 and so on. Then use ctrl all on sample select to load a ‘kit’.

Sourced from an enormous dump of samples I got included on a used model samples. A lot of it wasn’t really my style, was duplicates, or was plain unusable. The rest is filtered down to the stuff that fits my style, but hopefully you’ll find it useful too. There’s definitely a bias towards analog drums, but there’s a little digital weirdness thrown in here and there…

Low cut notes: Toms are cut around 100hz to leave some low end content in. Each subsequent hit in the chain is cut progressively higher, e.g. snares around 150hz, claps 300hz, closed hats 500hz…ish…*

30 Likes

Awesome, thanks! This are super useful

1 Like

Wow, amazingly generous of you to share, thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m going to try these out once I’m home. Thanks

1 Like

@fffiiissshhh You’re the best! Can’t wait to give these a shot!

1 Like

Wow … this looks really useful - thank you

EDIT: Nicely set up for model:samples users - shame we don’t have access to the quick preview with ctrl-all (doesn’t work with sample select) but that can’t be helped.

Someone needs to update this for 1.50

Most of the kits have 6 ‘hits’ so if transforming for digitakt 1.5 you’d need to find 2 extra hits to pad it out to 8.

I think I may be doing some automated transforms for m:s so if you have any ideas that could be automated/scripted pop them in here and I might experiment.

EDIT: by “automated transform” I mean - write a little program/script to do the same thing to every wav file, E.g. split into 6 equal size slices.

1 Like

If you have the one-shot files, DigiChain can create the files; and splitting imported files evenly is something that will be added as an available function, probably on the next release I push out.

3 Likes

Alright, I’ve split out the chains into folders, with individual samples having M:S-friendly names (ending in numbers 1-6).

Will share or upload here if anyone is interested.

3 Likes