A deep letter of gratitude to Elektron

I didn’t know where else to write this. I just wanted to share and this community has really been something special for me for the past few months. Although I haven’t done much here but lurk, checking up multiple times a day has become somewhat of a daily ritual.

I’m not writing looking for sympathy or anything really. I just wanted it out there, a thank you to the people who made this happen and who brought us all here. Six months ago I was on the brink of suicide when I stumbled on Elektron’s devices. I used up all my savings to buy an Octatrack and an Analog Four, you know just to jam for a bit on something I liked before I said goodbye.

That decision changed me and my outlook on life and for the first time in many years I felt joy. I grew passionate about learning these machines and found solace in their comfort. I’m constantly finding creativity, which I didn’t even know I had and they’ve given me a reason to get out of bed in the morning. I know this may seem silly to some but I owe Elektron a lot and hope they keep doing what they do.

You’re an amazing community and in you I’ve found friends, fellow elektronauts ready to take on the world one beat at a time.

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

~astro

99 Likes

Helped me ( and still are ) through addiction.
Glad you found peace.
I k lw exactly where ypure coming from.

9 Likes

Massive respect Astro.
I’m a total elektron nut too :slight_smile: glad you found em.
good choice with the OT btw :wink: :+1:

3 Likes

Keep it up @astronaut ! There’s always positive and negative in life… we must to learn (no matter what it cost and it’s something subjective to everyone) to cut the negative OFF or at least the most possible and keep as much as possible the POSITIVE. it’s something you learn other the years to keep the balance of mind, your body and your soul. And all of that in your personal environment with people etc…

I’m glad you take care of you and putting back your balance the good side.
Keep faith in you, keep more joy than pain that’s the secret. and be able to see the joy through the pain.
Not an easy task but it’s doable with perseverance :wink:

I tried to not say too much crap as well as crappy advises :robot:

5 Likes

Great story Astro. Thanks for sharing with us
I’m no Doctor Phil but can confirm the healing power of music and production.
When I’m feeling down I fire up a synth, tweak some knobs and everything suddenly feels great again.
Keep tweakin mate :thup:

8 Likes

It kinda feels like you’re pouring out the things you’re carrying around in your soul, right? It’s like a militant optimism, I think. To forcefully take your struggle and make something wonderful out of it.

Glad you tried Elektron! Glad you loved it! Would love to hear your stuff!

I’d also recommend kratom. It makes my inner environment a sunnier landscape as well.

3 Likes

What a soul shaking post and great to hear that making music helps you, to find your balance again. I wish you that you overcome all what is depressing you. Maybe music will not be the solution to our problems, but it can be a source of power and healing, which we all need from time to time.

2 Likes

Very moved to read this, thanks so much for sharing it @astronaut … I hear you

2 Likes

Hi… man you´re not alone, I know its not easy and maybe we have to look around theres a lot of good things to come and live for sure… we have a lot of energy so we need to focus on the creative side and face what we have to change and make it happen again. as you said this community is awesome.

Dont let your LFOs get out of sync.

so if you need some help or things are not so good and you need a break maybe you want to came and see another places or people or check some pyramids or just chill. So i extend you an invitation to my country Mexico and to my city Mexico DF. i hope things get better and you found your equilibrium. we´re all Astronauts of this big Spaceship called Earth
:smiley_cat:

Best
Rod

3 Likes

Dude, that is so honest and open. Happy for you sir.

1 Like

What a wonderful thing to have happen man!

Exactly. I would add that you should UNDERSTAND the negativity, where it comes from (and you will be surprised to know it does not come from you, rather society, family, culture inputs that are fed to us since we were born), a tool for that - that has changed my life - is the daily practice of meditation.
Something that helped me understanding my depression was the method of “self-enquiry” google that, and I hope it helps you as much as it has helped me!

Thanks for sharing! Keep grooving @astronaut!

2 Likes

I’d recommend you pick up a good book on ‘mindfulness’

Very helpful in house-training that black dog that follows everyone around!

Good luck

4 Likes

Yes … there are methods … this was/is helpful for me …

“The Artist’s Way”, by Julia Cameron, which is a course in discovering and recovering our creative self.

1 Like

Nice post and very positive to hear. And you haven’t tried Eurorack?

1 Like

Hey hey, this guy was trying to be positive. There be madness that way!

1 Like

Great post. Thank you for it. I know I will never understand exactly what you’re going through, but I can identify with your feelings about how much joy creativity via these machines bring. A new adventure in every twist of a knob.

2 Likes

Get everything you have inside and put it in those machines.
You will never end discovering something new
Pump up the volume and anjoy!
You will never be alone,
Somewhere there is another electronaut doing the same!
Thank you Astro to be part of this
Cheers All
Ach.

if you’re super bored you can always pop into the irc chat as well! :3lektron:

goes out to all of you

edit: Elektron IRC!

Come and join me at #elektron over on irc.esper.net A new registered irc channel specifically to chat about elektron machines and synthesis in general.

If you don’t have a client such as mirc, colloquy, irssi, chatzilla, ERC, xchat etc… then feel free to head over to http://webchat.esper.net62 and goto the channel #elektron

2 Likes

There’s a good community here, always ready to help each other … hopefully you’ll continue to find your way forward … brave stuff, inspiring too :thup:

1 Like