A deep letter of gratitude to Elektron

Good advice here.
Mindfulness is well worth reading about - there are some good mindfulness focus/meditation apps out there too.
Great for focusing your mind on the present and taking your mind off stress, worry and negativity and helping you truly relax.

2 Likes

such a moving story. @astronaut. brave of you to share. so glad you found something that helped bring you back from the edge!

ā€¦a penetrating reminder of how a good community can make a crucial difference to its members, even if itā€™s not always apparent to the rest of us.

3 Likes

Lovely post @astronaut. While I have faced small problems in my life Iā€™ve been incredibly fortunate not to have to face into mental health problems and for that I am thankful. I wonā€™t ever be able to fully understand but one of my best mates has faced similar issues so I can totally appreciate the challenges.

I do think Elektronauts is probably the nicest, helpful and informative forum I have frequented. Even when things get a little out of hand folks are quick to make up.

Iā€™m really happy for you that those Elektron boxes have worked their magic on you!

2 Likes

<3

Thank you Astro. You made my day and brought out the best in this forum.

2 Likes

Good sound is truly healing! And creativity gives you even more of a reason to liveā€¦ live to create!

@astronaut
I am truly moved by your story. You are very brave and should feel proud for sharing with us. I feel honoured to have read this.

Its no secret we are all guilty of spending too much time thinking about the past or worrying about the future.

Making music brings our focus to the present. And when you are in the present, you just ā€œareā€ā€¦

+1 on meditation. You should also pick up a copy of ā€œThe Power of Nowā€ by Eckhardt Tolle.

Send us your music, would love to hear it :heart:ļø :v:ļø

3 Likes

Awesome post! Great message!
Making music always makes me feel better :slight_smile:
Maybe share some of the music you are feeling at the moment - or are creating at the moment?

I really like the mellower half time drum and bass at the momentā€¦ Ivy Lab, etc.

Have a creative day.

I want to take a moment to thank each and every one of you. Iā€™ve been reluctant to check back in but you all have given me a lot to think about, look forward to and more importantly added to my reading list!

Enjoy your weekends

11 Likes

I know that reluctant feeling. I used to be one heck of a drunk and I would text/message people with my heart freely. Wouldnā€™t check my phone till the end of the day when I woke up sober(and maybe had a couple of drinks)

1 Like