A day to remember: thank you Sweden

Elektron surprise dropping the Rytm 1.70 update, TE dropping the EP-133 for 350 euro… wow.

Sweden is so back :sweden::sweden::sweden:

Congrats to both companies and teams for continuing to amaze us with useful tools.

It’s one thing to launch a product or do an update, but to factor in user experiences, wishes and improvements like Elektron and TE have done is truly amazing.

I have personally not been as excited by a TE product like this since getting the original OP-1 at launch.

And as a Rytm user I’m incredibly happy with the workflow improvements and new engines.

Truly a wonderful day for everyone that’s into Elektron and TE gear.

45 Likes

This is an amazing post, shouldn’t even be a thread. Just a pinned post with comments disabled.

Sweden is so back :sweden::sweden::sweden:

7 Likes

Needs a Justin Timberlake remix of bringing sexyback.

12 Likes

god fika

3 Likes

I wonder if they discussed who would announce first.

3 Likes

IMG_7916

12 Likes

yes, today is an absolute beauty of a day. if today doesn’t trump any personal milestones in your life, if not all, then you have no soul. swedish synth companies know what the meaning of life is.

4 Likes

At least a beautiful day for Rytm owners…

1 Like

I think that even if you don’t own a Rytm, it proves Elektron is committed to improving their machines which is a positive for all devices.

14 Likes

No, it just proves they improved the Rytm.

As an OT and DN owner, i’m starting to feel thirst in the desert :wink:
I’m dribbling when I read about euclidean sequencing.

5 Likes

It’s a very good sign, especially as some of the AR upgrades make sense for other devices. Be patient! A good fireworks display does not shoot off everything at once.

[Edit: another analogy. Ever go see a band and they play their big hit as the second song? It’s like “Okay, let’s get this out of the way.” But if they put it in as the second encore? Memorable.]

8 Likes

Clavia dropped the ball. No red releases today.

14 Likes

100% this. The new sequencer features will find their way to other devices. New machines might find a home on Syntakt too.

6 Likes

As a ND3p owner I never expected any :joy:

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any hint that they have cracked this eternal mystery, at least not in the in the release notes for AR OS 1.70, nor in the manuals of the 2 Elektron pieces I own. Maybe it’s an Easter egg somewhere? Perhaps preset no. 42 is the the place to start looking

More like they punctured the ball and exited the ballpark.

1 Like

I made noise when I read this.

2 Likes

Wise. Spare a thought for those who for years highly anticipated a G3.

9 Likes

I think the EP-133 is cool but isn’t screaming “buy me!” to me yet. all I’m seeing is another scratch-pad, fun-for-goofing-around device, which is what most TE stuff ever is for me. fun for a bit, then it collects dust on the shelf. I think I’ll need to learn more about it and see some useful videos, with it used within a setup. right now it’s mainly just Cuckoo and Anderton’s that have videos up. I absolutely despise the latter and the former was informative but didn’t clue me in to how I would use it in my setup.

the RYTM update… well, I’m still calibrating. :crazy_face:

2 Likes