3rd Wave from Groove Synthesis -- Both Keyboard & Desktop

Well looks like I need to buy it to “make use” of my Osmose :lying_face:

1 Like

With the two together at least you will be able to edit your patches and make new ones that way.

The addition of MPE support may hint at a 4th Wave with a poly-aftertouch keyboard. It was considered in the original and Groove Synthesis has future gear in development, so it is possible.

Yes, and …

Editing the EM requires a limiter at the end of the chain to protect you from explosions. That’s how powerful it is! :cool:

Available in November.

12 Likes

The only reason I wasn’t saving up for one of these is because I don’t have the space for the keyboard. Looks like it’s time to start saving!

3 Likes

any notes on pricing?

US price is $3495

$3495

My M was sitting pretty with no desktop competition…

But… I think transitions on the M make it the winner for me:

6 Likes

That’s a lovely patch.
What do you mean by transitions?

You can use the second oscillator as a kind of sample based oscillator:

Exactly! Size plus lack of MPE keybed were the main blockers for me (well, that and the $5K price tag!)

But this new desktop version coupled with an MPE capable keyboard like Osmose seems ideal. Time to start saving indeed…

2 Likes

Oh okay. This is going over my head big time.
I will look into this once I’m more familiar with this stuff.

1 Like

Yeah, that was definitely a barrier too. Even the desktop version would be the most expensive single item I’ve owned aside from a car.

Sounds like that is why I love my M. That’s not to say this isn’t tempting either, but the difference in price keeps that GAS at bay.

1 Like

Uh! There it is :star_struck: Looks like they didn’t include the Wave Surfer knob though.

Higher res photo here

6 Likes

14 Likes

Selling my Waldorf M for the 3 Wave Desktop.

2 Likes

Selling my Monomachine for the 3rd Wave Desktop.

1 Like

selling my kidney for the 3rd Wave Desktop

5 Likes