303 Clones

I have an MB-33, but haven’t compared.

I love the lack of sequencer, small size, lively sound. Sits great with Digitone, especially with split FX. I wish there was even one CC.

2 Likes

i have both a TD-3 and Cyclone Bass Bot v.2. just put either in MIDI mode and program in Step mode on Pyramid. Accent per step by upping Velocity over the TD-3/Bass Bot’s threshold (106 or 112). change note length per step (+3 or more) to get the Slide effect into the next Step. dead easy

Question is can I have two notes legato without slide.

(Not with MB-33 at least, always slides)

1 Like

Programs a 303
Doesn’t use slides

2 Likes

I believe there is a setting to change it to legato in the TD-3 SYNTHTRIBE app.

1 Like

Well, I mean in the same phrase.

1 Like

Not unless there’s a midi command to change it I would guess.

Precisely what I’m asking !
Sorry for being unclear, I’m on painkillers, like massively.

1 Like

Yeah, no worries.

I don’t know of any command. I guess it would be possible to monitor the traffic coming from the app, haven’t done that though.

Decided to start acquiring what I need to build an RE-303.

Messaged Andreas Krump and he has some silver cases + knobs and button kits in stock. Invoice for the case will come tomorrow.

He also said that PCB kits might be in stock in a few weeks at the RE-303 website. Said there was no intention of stopping making them. Supply chain issues (like usual).

Waiting on the 808 case (September)

After that I’ll have the 909, 808, 303, 101 collection 🥹

Even if 3 of them are replicas, 16 year old me would have sore cheeks from smiling for a week straight!

6 Likes

Nice!
Even though there are the Behringer and Boutiques, I might be crazy enough to go for the dinsync versions as well.
I‘m so into the sound of these Rolands :see_no_evil:
Would have to get already assembled version unfortunately

1 Like

I might be as well :joy:

Being replicas means they are about as close as you’re going to get. Clones mostly have some approximation built in (still great instruments by all means in most cases).

The replicas are essentially new stock of the original units with slightly different screen printing. It doesn’t matter unless it matters.

I just know how I feel programming my SR-909 vs a plastic clone or software. It comes with a confidence in the instrument.

I’m now officially a recommended builder for the SR-909. I might do some others too once I’ve gotten through my own 1st builds.

4 Likes

I made a video of my clones … :slight_smile:

Yes, a little bit obsessed … :joy:

4 Likes