303 Clones

Yeah! I have one, and I love it.
But it has its own sound, flexible and acid, but different to 303.

Wow! I’d love it! But, for the moment, I’d like to get gear close to 303 sound.

Hi there!

Any good suggestion for a 303 clone synth?

Thnx

My favorite 303 clone is the Bass Bot 2. The sequencer is great. Also, it comes with a hard dust cover, which is nice bonus.

xoxbox !

2 Likes

Roland Boutique TB03

Acidlab Bassline 3

1 Like
1 Like

I can recomend the old ladyada Xoxbox as I own one since a long time and never got sick of it. If you are lucky and have a more budget you can get your hand on an Avalon Basseline that is an extreme makeover of the 303, I have played with one many time at a friend studio, it does everything from very 303esque sound to very 101 / 202 thing and the sequencer is super easy to use.
If you are really after autenticity I guess the way to go is the RE-303 from Dinsync but I never tried one.

Behringer TD3. 149€…

This thread already has 80 suggestions covering pretty much all the options, read through it. The only new information is this post above :point_up: because the TD-3 was released since last time it was discussed.

Personally I have a TB-03 which is good enough for me, but I’ve never tried the others.

Any other advantages?^^ :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Wait…actually yes. It has quite a few mods documented… besides that -> Bass Bot v2 all the way. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If you have an ipad, I vote for Pure Acid.
Not sure how accurate, but it sounds great to me and is inspiring to use

1 Like

Avalon Bassline : Better than a 303

Yeah. If you have the money, definitely consider RE303 or Avalon.

Its the most affordable 303 Clone. And it Sounds good. I would prefer the Roland TB03 though …that one has the more modern Sequencer.

digitone :wink:

4 Likes

the obvious answer to everything

2 Likes

Another vote for the TT303 mk2 here. It’s well worth the extra USD100 over the TD-3, IMHO.

I don’t think most people are aware of all the additional sound-changing and sequencer features. Hunt down the manual PDF and check out the “Pattern Lab” chapter, for an example of something unique to this unit.

The build quality is great and I play with it a lot (hooked up to its cousin, the TT-606). Plus, I got the sexy black option (strangely cheaper than silver) which clearly makes it sound better :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I had an Avalon but I’m now happy with at least £500+ in bank and multiple td-3 and other things

2 Likes

Yeah for the price vs sound, it is the obvious choice, but also the looks are important
and the thing about the 303 is not only the sound it produces but also the way it is
made to produce that sound (teenagers banging notes on the keyboard and after that adding steeps
slides accents ect, that lead to many nice surprises!) that make it unique.