3 Years of Brexit… what are your thoughts?

Give the flaggers credit, they’ve had their hands full dealing with that millennial joke and a couple of cuss words on the memes thread. You can’t blame them for missing the outright racism going on up in here.

I’ll stop now, I promise.

1 Like

I understand your reluctance to use flags. But you’re welcome when you think your own tolerance line (known as pretty far) is crossed.

But yes, back to the subject.
Brexit.
I don’t buy anything from UK (to EU) anymore. That was almost entirely music of course.

I’m always sad witnessing division.
And a bit frightened to be honest, as it’s rarely good news.

2 Likes

I know, but I just really like arguing

Only racist people have trouble distinguishing racism, usually.
Now quit this tone please.

1 Like

My point is that the only people I’ve ever heard tell that “joke” almost always follow it up with the sort of rant that Stuart Lee’s taxi driver would be proud of.

It’s demonstrably untrue to say that 1. London’s official language is either Arabic or Bengali and 2. That London even has an official language.

So what can I summise from you telling such a joke? I’m struggling to come up with anything other than you are complaining about the amount of Arabs/Bengalis in London.

I’m not from London and I can’t be arsed to look up the figures, but I’d be surprised if the combined Arab/Bengali population was much more than about 10% of the total. It’s a very common tactic of the far right to amplify and exaggerate the number/cultural impact of certain ethnic groups. That particular joke, in my unfortunately very common experience growing up surrounded by racist pricks, being a particularly simple example of such tactics.

16 Likes