1010music Nanobox Razzmatazz

I think it’s gonna be an addition to their nanosynths. What do you think it could be?

2 Likes

I think it’s going to be named something that ends in “box”.

Maybe a drum machine? They don’t have anything like that yet, do they?

4 Likes

Hopefully a new faceplate for my lovely but ugly lemondrop.

Yellow gear for life

1 Like

Given 3 pairs of feet, 2 in existing nanobox colours, I’m guessing an additional nanobox.

7 Likes

my thoughts exactly

Looking forward to this. Maybe a Nano VA?

I’m down with the Lemondrop’s yellow but I don’t think I can do fuchsia, no later what it is…. My guess is a multi-effects box.

Exactly what I was hoping for.

1 Like

Does it involve feet?

If we’re following the legacy Ferrara Pan candy company product line color scheme, then:

Yellow = Lemonheads
Red = Atomic Fireballs / Red Hots (ignoring the legacy cherry option)
Purple = Alexander the Grape

I have no idea what this means in terms of sound synthesis.

10 Likes

A nanobox of wine?

5 Likes

Either a desktop version of bitbox(or is that already blackbox?) or fm are my guesses.

1 Like

Nice. Short teaser then next day, here it is. Definitely a nano given the colours used. What else can be done with sampling? They’ve done wavetable and granular. Looper perhaps?

1 Like

Exciting news! Purple is my favorite color and I love 1010 music, so I’m in either way, but between VA, FM, and Looper, I’m pulling for looper. With the tiny form factor, there couldn’t be too many ins and outs but there are ways around that (breakout cables, mixers, ect) and if they were to do something along those lines I would expect lots of good internal effects routing options and playback modes and most importantly, deep granular processing. I would be so hyped if this were the case, and they would be, in some ways, beating Elektron to the punch on the mixer/FX monster they are about to release, which will no doubt change everything about electronic music production as we know it. It’s prolly VA or FM though, right? :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Got the lemondrop, ridiculously good sound out of it and lots to explore. Not really in the market for more synths or boxes but I’m still excited.

FM or VA sound logical but also a crowded marketplace, so maybe it is something unexpected. An fx box sounds quite likely but the effects on their existing boxes are quite good no?

On their forum people have requested a nano fx box, and a sequencer which is interesting as an ecosystem of nano boxes with midi in/thru and audio in/out. But then I think they’d need more than two synth boxes.

If it has a memory card, what use would that be in an fx box? Could it also be a mini mixer and recorder? (Unlikely as that would undercut the bluebox, but would make me happy)

1 Like

:smirk:

5 Likes

Purple is just a diversion, global market research revealed everyone’s favourite color a long time ago:

#00ff00

1 Like

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Cheeky bugger

4 Likes

You know, there is something uncanny about your user handle.
Strangely familiar, yet I can’t seem to put my finger on it.

3 Likes