1010music Bluebox

I name each project with the date.

4 Likes

Ah, interesting points, thx. Sidechaining would be great yeah, itā€™s everywhere in music, especially electronic music, yet most manufacturers donā€™t seem to see the need to implement it in their gear.

What do you mean with easy solo/pfl? Mixer mode seems to have a solo function, for pfl the cue has to be turned up and cue mix can be set pre fader - not as easy as hitting a button on an analog mixer or dj mixer, but the functionality seems to be there.

I have two use-cases for phone monitoring: 1. hearing the sum of my signals and 2. pre-listening to a signal before I add it to the mix.

In order to hear a single channel on my phones, I need to set the cue to custom+pre-fader and all cue faders to 0 except for the one I want to hear. (Solo+mute isnā€™t working since solo overwrites mute so itā€™s affecting the main sum) When I want to monitor my sum again, I have to change the cue setting back again. Yes the functionality is there but itā€™s not simple.

1 Like

Guys, am I being stupid or I cant plug two synths into one input and hear them both in both speakers as mono devices?

Now if I do that, I hear one in left, another in right

Have you set each input as its own track or are both inputs on one stereo track?

Hm seems I didnt figure out how to do that. I either make 5R + 5L lit and then I hear one in left, another in right. Or I set one of them lit (either 5L or 5R) and hear one in mono, and another is silent

I need to read manual once again to see how to bind one physical input onto two virtual tracks, right?

Set one track to 5L and another track to 5R.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, missed that part

1 Like

I donā€™t use my Bluebox all the time but I just found a job for it and I see Iā€™m still on firmware 1.0.8. Is everybody enjoying the current 1.1 beta? Any reason not to give ā€˜er a go?

AFAIK its 1.1.3 and not beta anymore
Havent had any problems so far with it, though I dont use EQ and FX sections at all

Note, they also released a new manual for 1.1.x versions

1.1.3 is still beta/experimental. Iā€™ve been running it without encountering any problems

1 Like

Same here

Ah, I see. Indeed, thatā€™s a quite some fiddling aroundā€¦

Youā€™re welcome!

Thanks for the replies everyone :0) Just installed 1.1.3

Iā€™ve been loving this thing so far but lately Iā€™ve been getting way, way too many errors when recording.

Itā€™s really starting to do my head in.

Anyone else having similar issues?

Nope, no issuesā€¦ but check your SD card maybe.

4 Likes

Cheers, yeah likely something to do with that. Strange, itā€™s been totally fine until now. If iā€™m doing 2 long takes it seems to help to save as before the second take.

Another thing to check is the power supply ā€” be sure youā€™re using the one it shipped with. The bluebox (and the blackbox, too) really tax USB power bricks, and many arenā€™t up to the task of providing the necessary current.

2 Likes

Ah ok, Iā€™ll double check which Iā€™ve got it plugged in to. I really hope itā€™s something simple because otherwise the Bluebox is pretty great for me.

Iā€™ve had this. In addition to the power block, look at the USB cable. I upgraded mine to one of the suggested chroma cables and havenā€™t had a recording error since.

It really is disturbingly finicky when it comes to power :frowning: Things that you donā€™t think should matter really matter to the BlueBox.

1 Like