1010music Bluebox

I’d buy that. It looks like the red one is plugged into the back of the BlackBox. The only things it could get over that is MIDI and (a little bit of) power.

1 Like

from patchwerks

5 Likes

Dear god no. I’m in love with my Blue and Black and I’m already hanging by a thread in NGNY :pleading_face: So much intrigue. So much fear…

3 Likes

Btw, anyone of you played a gig with the Bluebox compressor on the master?
With 4 band eq per track, send fx and 4 band eq + comp on the master this little thing seems perfect for gigs.

@Schnork Yes I played one in September, specifically with the Bluebox being the master for two Blackboxes.

It was usable, I was esp. happy about the EQ for adjusting to the filling venue (I turned some high mids down by almost 6dB at the start). The compressor was working at ratio 100:1 and 0dB threshhold, as a quite decent limiter. But I suppose I would have been ok without compression. The EQ is something I would miss.

I couldn’t do more testing since, as I‘ve been waiting for 5 months for the Bluebox to come back from repairs in Germany (broken minijack output). I don’t know what their problem is in Berlin, but it must be bad.

I’ve played three gigs since without the Bluebox, and thanks to the Blackbox 2.0 EQs, I didn’t miss the Bluebox so much.

2 Likes

I still managed to dig into the recording capabilities of the blue box. Are you guys using the punch-in recording/timeline at all? Is there a guide out there that shows how it can be used effectively?

You’re in trouble then, mate. I can tell you that much already without telling you a thing yet.

1 Like

No, Jiffy’s not in trouble. It’s just a matter of interpretation. ‘NGNY’ is actually ’No Gear Next Year’.

Cue up your online music retailer of choice and prepare to launch.

2 Likes

Now that the red and yellow boxes have been introduced, hopefully we will see that new firmware release that was eluded too in the 1010music forum.

2 Likes

Nope @circuitghost is right, I’m in a bit of trouble. Still waiting for tomorrow’s roll out, but these look like a lot of fun on paper. NewGearNowYESSSSS!

1 Like

:heart:

1 Like

Please chat about the new colors in the threads bellow :pray:

:red_square: 1010music nanobox fireball : new wavetable synth
:yellow_square: 1010music nanobox lemondrop : new granular synth

2 Likes

Thanks! Sounds promising.

Uh, damn…maybe the fairy dust sprinkles are stuck in customs and they don’t want to send it back without sprinkling it. :slight_smile:

Is it possible to mute an output rather than a track or input? I’ve got out 2 connected to an old analog delay, and I’d like to be able to mute out 2 and I mute it for dub effects, but it doesn’t seem to want to MIDI learn. Any suggestions?

PS I’m talking about muting outputs as covered on p53 of the manual.

For some reason all of the ‘File created’ dates for my recordings read as January 1970 (at least on my Mac when I plug in my SD Card). Anyone else find this? Is there a fix?

Same here. Bluebox doesn’t have an internal battery (as far as I know) so when powered on its back to initial unix time. No fix.

Doing lots of live jams and what I’m definitely missing a lot is sidechaining. And simple solo/PFL. And logarithmic faders… sometimes I’m asking myself if they’re even using their own product.

5 Likes

Can the time be set?

Nope.

I’d not found it but it would be soooooo darned helpful to have a time/date stamp on recordings…even if we had to put in correct info after power cycle. DId I so soooooooooooo?