1010music Bluebox

I’m still holding out for the Brownbox.

2 Likes

Check your tracking number

1 Like

if this ends up being a 1010 synth box in the same blue/black form factor, I will sell every non-1010 piece of hardware I have.

4 Likes

Heard! (But do it in 2023 after No Gear New Year ;))

I would also not be at all surprised to see a bluebox in modular format.

Just got a Faderfox UC-4 to go with my Bluebox. I didn’t think it would be a ton better than my MIDI Fighter Twister but I like it a lot better!

I’m wondering if anyone has any mapping and usage advice. Obviously, the faders are track levels, and the sends and pans are already set up to be mapped in the default setting. What else have you mapped? How do others use this combo?

2 Likes

Hi, I have XOH leading to BlueBox, but the volume is low. It’s definitely lower compared to, say, Mimeophon or any other module, leading to the same BlueBox.

I maxed out output levels both on XOH and Bluebox, but it’s not enough. Do you have the same problems?

Hi, can you please explain in more detail how you map the Bluebox outputs? More specifically, which ones go the Octatrack and which one you use as a master out? I assume you use the Cue/Phones-Output too?

Hi, can you please explain in more detail how you map the Bluebox outputs? More specifically, which ones go the Octatrack and which one you use as a master out? I assume you use the Cue/Phones-Output too?

Sure! Yes, I also use the phones output. I use Out1 for master out, out2 goes into A/B inputs at OT and Cue/phones goes into input C/D of OT. Typically, I use out2 to just feed the master out into the OT for looping purposes, transitions or build-ups. The phones output I use mainly to feed certain individual instruments into OT for resampling or looping. However, there is no particular reason why I do it this way and not the other way around.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’m currently trying to figure out a similar setup.

That makes sense from a signal level perspective - XOH brings a modular signal down to line level whereas coming straight from a Mimeophone remains at the super hot modular level.

If you are feeding signals out of modules, I would just lower them to be at where the XOH is. But if you’re having problems getting the XOH to a discnerible level, that sounds like something is actually messed up.

Anyone have any insight on whether or not the BlueBox will support Audio over USB? I know the dev said they would look in to it during an interview a while back…but weren’t sure if it was something they’d do.

Thanks for any info/insight!

2 Likes

It’s definitely not supported now. And the BlackBox still doesn’t have it, right? Which is an older device and arguably even more valuable to have USB audio in. So I wouldn’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

Yeah. I figured as much. Thanks.

1 Like

The devs on their forums said that they probably won’t ever support it, as the USB port requires more than 1A and wasn’t designed to be plugged to a computer anyways, so don’t get your hopes up.

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

yellow box red box from 1010music

5 Likes

Interesting!

I do wish they’d do a proper release of the current firmware for Bluebox first though.

8 Likes

Oh cool. Maybe some FX processors? With class-compliant audio over USB? Just some guesses.

Unlikely wild card. There seems to have been quite a lot of users expanding on functionality of the BlueBox and BlackBox via midi controllers…maybe 1010 have developed some things of their own.