1010music Bluebox

Never had a crash or crackling audio with my bb. Anyone else?

Never a crash. It apparently only happens with MIDI TRS which I’m not using.

I tested MIDI sync when I got the box and it worked. I dont want to slave my devices to the Bluebox, so that would be a deal breaker for me if it didn’t.

I’m trying to sync mine to an Jomox Alphabase but no joy. Works the other way round though. The Jomox is a pretty temperamental thing though.

Thank you for the reference on the 1010 forum, but now that I have had a chance to play around a bit more a sudden and unwanted “bit crushing” is a better description and is happening randomly to the audio of my Bluebox. When I searched the 1010music forum there were no answers, just others with similar questions. Has anyone come across this?

1 Like

Greetings all. I’m wondering about wringing more analog FX sends out of my Bluebox. Could I use the cue/headphones out as an additional stereo FX send or is there a downside I haven’t considered here?

Yep, that’s what I use mine for.

1 Like

I noticed a post recently on the 1010 forums, where someone was asking about when we’d see more firmware updates. The 1010 folks said they were coming (yay!), but that they’d all been pretty distracted getting ready to ship a new piece of hardware. Looking forward to them getting back to bluebox, but also v. curious about what else is coming.

8 Likes

Absolutely you can, very effective and I don’t notice any difference to my ears.

1 Like

Is it possible to use USB on the MPC One and record into the BB? I don’t think it is, but I figured Id ask. Could be a cool option. If the answer somehow is yes, I am guessing it would be able to record 12 different tracks max.

I don’t believe so, my understanding is the USB port is only for powering small devices…for now.

2 Likes

If only my Bluebox could power my Blackbox . . . :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t own one but definitely interested. Question about recording:

If you record a bunch of tracks, after finishing recording can you tweak the levels, EQ and effects per track or are those baked into the recorded file?

Thanks.

You can change the level of a track while recording. Whether or not it’s baked In depends on whether you’re set to record pre- or post-fader.

And playback happens through the faders, so you can ride those and tweak playback live as well. But there’s no way record those tweaks nondestructively. It’s recording audio, not automation. Same re: EQ.

1 Like

Thanks.

So I can record a drum machine and synth on two separate tracks pre-fader, listen back and set the levels, EQ and effects, for example make the drums quieter and with more reverb, and then to record that “finally” with those levels/eq/effects either record onto audacity as a stereo mix with audio out from the bluebox, or potentially bounce it down to another track and then transfer the sd card?

1 Like

Right. If you record each pre-fader, when you play them back, they’re going to sound just like they did at the point they come into the bluebox (plus any Gain) — before volume, EQ, etc.

Playing back this “dry” recording, you can adjust volume, EQ, FX sends, etc. (individually, per-track) which you’ll hear “live” out of the Main mix.

But those adjustments aren’t recorded in any way. So as you say, to record that “finally” you need to record the Main mix in some way. The bluebox lets you record Main to the SD card. This is essentially a stereo mixdown and probably the easiest solution.

Bouncing to another track is kind of awkward (so far as I know. Anyone have a better solution for this?). What I do is mute everything I don’t want to bounce, send everything else to main, record main (as above) then go into the Edit page, import a file, find the mixdown I just recorded, and assign it to a track. It works but it’s not smooth.

Finally, yeah, you can use audacity or whatever to record the mix off the “out” jack on the back of the bluebox. Just remember it is not a USB audio interface, so you have to have an interface of some kind and connect it via audio cables.

6 Likes

That is super helpful thank you very much for the detailed response.

1 Like

:smirk:

2 Likes

I spy the smirk of a beta tester.

Personally. I’m hoping they do an SSL and make a Big Blue… 1/4" jacks, interface capability, a couple more inputs and a few more outputs, and enough CPU for dynamics on all the channels. Doesn’t feel like quite their style, though.

1 Like

Probably FxBox wich name is PinkBox (the colour i miss between all the gear :wink:

3 Likes