1010music Bluebox

Quick Bluebox setup question. I"m kind of a noob with these things.

Can I send 4 input tracks to the OUTPUT 2. That output 2 will go into my RC 505 looper and the Looper will output into the 5th bluebox input and want that sent to the main output. I assume that is easy, just wanted to make sure it’s possible.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Yep, totally possible :+1:t4:

1 Like

Anyone know of any other options competing with the Bluebox, either currently available or in the pipeline?

I think it’s such a cool device, love the form factor and a lot of what it offers, but there are a few drawbacks that keep me from pulling the trigger, especially the lack of class compliance.

I would have thought this thing would have created a new category of similar devices but everytime I search I don’t see anything remotely like it, especially in terms of form factor.

2 Likes

Checkout Zoom and Tascam - they have some mixers that can record as well. Not as compact though…

/thomas

2 Likes

I like the Tascam 16 channel mixer recorder since I’ll need another larger mixer recorder soon.

Oto Bébé Chérie ?

Interesting, thanks.

TX-6 by teenage engineering
It’s over 2x the price and way smaller, both bad things to me
But if your issue was the lack of audio interface, this has that covered

2 Likes

Hello! Rn I make music on Octatrack, other Elektron gear plus several other synths and grooveboxes usually 3-4 at a time. I have a Clarett interface and a small Mackie Mix12FX mixer. What do you think is a 1010 Blue Box purchase a good one? My desk space is also limited a bit, but I like the form factor in general.

I have seen many of your YT videos. May I ask what mixer and/or interface do you use for your music production into final DAW processing? I am curious because have similar gear and am kinda lost.

1 Like

SSL big six. One of the best gear decisions I’ve made ever. Very flexible in its daw <-> hardware routing. And great headroom and sound

2 Likes

It’s not a mixer, but the Smpltrek seems like an affordable tool for recording tracks and then playing/recording a new track atop them.

Edit: mentioned because it has the USB class compliance.

Evening. Don’t suppose anyone in the UK is looking to sell a Bluebox…? I think it could be the missing part of my set-up, but I’d be quite keen to buy one second-hand if possible - they don’t seem to come up all that often, which is probably a good sign…
Thanks! Dave.

I didn’t keep track of the bluebox since it came out, any noticeable changes since release?

excuse me for being to lazy to read through this thread:)))

Not selling mine as it’s a little gem. But there is a used one up on a UK auction site just now.

No, nothing has changed since it’s release.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for pointing this out - typical, I wait for ages for one to show up on eBay, give up and buy it new, then one turns up straight away…!:sweat_smile:

Major change since release is the addition of transport controls. So you can now punch in/out play/record at certain time points, which was an essential missing feature. This is accompanied by a rudimentary visual timeline of tracks.
There have been various other smaller improvements and additions and bug fixes in firmware updates. The last update was in April last year.

3 Likes

As noted in the release notes at the 1010music forums, freely available for all to read.

So this;

…wasn’t/isn’t true. If you can’t be helpful, say nothing maybe? Dodgy sarcasm/comedy doesn’t usually translate to text. :v:

6 Likes