1010music Blackbox

I’ll do my best to keep it up :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you for the response! I meant different length loops at once, really. The slicing workflow sounds about as convenient as doing it on the Octatrack.

2 Likes

Well dammit, I just ordered one. Been watching info from afar about this device and I couldn’t hold out any longer apparently. Here’s to hopefully some sound samples coming soon!

3 Likes

Yep, it does that no problem. You can mix one bars with eight bars and sixteen bars and sixtyfour bars, and even half or just the fourth of a bar. In that respect, it’s very powerful.

1 Like

so hows this going for people? this looks like everything i want right now, any major glitchy vibes or buggy things going on?

1 Like

Is it possible to record unquantised midi with the Blackbox? I couldn’t find anything about that in the manual or elsewhere. Is microtiming in general available as a feature? If so, how does the editing work?

1 Like

No microtiming and I don’t believe it records unquantized.

2 Likes

Got my Blackbox yesterday and really love it! Will do some more joints on weekend and some videos with better audio quality.

6 Likes

Very nice review! A pleasure to read. :v:

1 Like

This would be a nice feature request. No quantize option.

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s a deal breaker for me :pensive:

Thanks, that’s very nice of you to say :slight_smile: I really appreciate it.

Same here… I need to be able to do sloppy ‘dilla-esque’ drums. This is currently not possible right?

1 Like

Not to my knowledge, no.

Add a gap to the start of your sample and modulate the start point ?

Not ideal I guess , but it can make things sloppy.

It’s a possibility, but to me it’s essential for samplers/grooveboxes to have the opportunity to ‘play’ drums/samples unquantized. I really don’t get why so many samplers (electribe, volca sample, po33 to name a few) only do quantized stuff, as it feels like a huge limitation.

I hope this is something they could add in a firmware update because the blackbox seems like a really nice machine besides this, i’m loving the stuff you guys make on it.

2 Likes

You could set the black box to resample and then play the beats live to create a sample.

4 Likes

Nah… it’s too hard to make it convincing. It’s all about that feel. Also, I want something that will force me to become better at playing in time.

Maybe I should ask this in a separate thread, but it’s also related to this: How does the Digitakt unquantised recording work? I’ve read the manual, but it doesn’t have all the info: if you record unquantised, is it possible to record more trigs than there are steps? (e.g. could you have 2 consecutive beats on with a quick flam-tap in between?) Or is it basically adding microtiming to each of the 16 steps? And with after-the fact quantisation, does it apply it permanently, or can quantised beats be unquantised later (like e.g. the Shakmat Four Bricks Rook)?

No.

Yes.

1 Like

Seems a relatively easy thing to implement - hopefully on the official wishlist

1 Like