100% Failure Within 72 Hours – Sous-Harmonique EP

My first solo release! The only sound source for everything is the Moog Subharmonicon. Everything was sampled and processed by Digitakt. Then further butchering was provided by Bitwig Studio.

If anyone is interested in me breaking down my process, I will happily oblige. I just didn’t want to assume that anyone would actually care. Anyway, I’m happy with these very minimal works. Cheers!

36 Likes

Nice one!! Look forward to listening to this when I’m home

Oh, and:

5 Likes

Would you say you fulfilled your commitment to releasing something in 2022? Congrats!

2 Likes

I would and as the OP, I was sweating earlier in the year. Next up, my Ether and Digitakt EP :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Vibing to this now, so far it’s the perfect soundtrack for a rainy bus ride through Brooklyn. Will happily eat up any scraps of process notes you care to share here.

1 Like

Just bought it without listening to it.

It better not be shit.

10 Likes

My commiserations. But also, thank you so much :relaxed:

Edit: and judging by recent comments I’ve seen of yours, it might be a bit too random for your tastes. But I promise you that only the ‘melody’ of the second track has any random triggers. The rest is all just asynchronous loops.

2 Likes

I’ll do the same.

2 Likes

I don’t mind random, if it’s done well.

I’ve heard enough of your stuff to trust you.

1 Like

Done.

1 Like

Merci!

1 Like

Congratulations on the release! Always a good feeling to get a project finished and out there.

Not in the mood right now, but I’ll give it a proper listen later tonight.

2 Likes

I’ll write up some overly wordy process stuff tomorrow then. Thanks for listening! :relaxed:

2 Likes

Haven’t had a chance to listen yet, but I love to hear about other folks’ process. Hit it.

2 Likes

I’ll try to get something coherent together tomorrow :slight_smile:

Listened to it through a couple of times before bed.

Very nice.

1 Like

Nice one, and thanks again for purchasing it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really loving the sounds you have coaxed out of that subharmonicon, you have made it your own instrument.

1 Like

Thank you! Though I must admit that Digitakt is doing a lot of heavy lifting, shaping, etc etc.

1 Like

Just listened to it and love it! It’s a perfect EP to listen on the train. Very organic rhythms/textures which are not easy to create with Elektrons. My favourite track is the “Post Fader” for now. Congratulations!

1 Like