0-Day Sysex - open source music label

@craig In the ā€œFilesā€ tab (right from ā€œMediaā€)

4 Likes

Thanks! I need to get on a computer, then. Doesnā€™t exist on mobile version.

Edit: I can access Files through the hamburger menu drop down thingy :ok_hand:

1 Like

Wow @Ess the alarm first track was some whipping in the morning!

The album reminds me a bit of AFX / Datachā€™i with a pinch of game soundtrack, really dig this soundā€¦
Oh, and I love the open-source spirit!

The source data is provided as-is and can be used without restriction.
Fuck it up and call it your own, we donā€™t care.

ā‡’ :beers:

2 Likes

Splendid. Did purchased and realised, I need 2nd Digitone :wink: Respect to the ā€œwe do not care what you do with itā€ :wink: Amazing. Thank you! Tracks are wicked. Were these mixed by Linus Andersson as well as Lone Tracks Vol 1?

3 Likes

did it happen to be a Bucephalus Bouncing Ball? :wink: . At any rate, I havenā€™t listened to the project files yet, but the glitchy / afx style stuff youā€™ve been putting out recently is really inspiring me. My next project will have some songs heavily inspired by @Ess and old school Drukqs era Aphex Twin. Just need to detune my synths more

2 Likes

@mp thanks! yeah, I think it makes things much more interesting if there are no restrictions - both for me and whoever buys it. :smiley:

Linus did the mastering for the Auvrel tape in 2018, yes - amazing mastering engineer and all-around great guy! But no, this release is just me.

@Cepheid haha, maybe so! Sounds like you could really use a lot of the sounds in the release then, I would especially recommend you to check out how portamento has been used in a few patterns to achieve microtonality.

5 Likes

Really cool tracks and sound programming! Instant buy :slight_smile:
@Ess I asked on Instagram but it was probably a bit clumsy (sorry if itā€™s the case). Iā€™ll rephrase : Do you use (or see the point of using) two MIDI cable to have perfect sync with turbo MIDI, or one cable and regular MIDI is enough?

Must have missed that, sorry!
I think one cable is fine. Havenā€™t really compared though.

2 Likes

This is such a cool idea! Id love to see more stuff like this! Sounds awsome as well, great job Ess!

2 Likes

I love the track ā€œBellā€ right around 2 minute mark when it goes all melodic braindance on you. A thing of beauty. Iā€™d say Portamento for the Digitone was one of the best updates and I think most would agree.

Serious Drukqs vibes on ā€œPitchā€ then they second half gets nice a mellow with the pad. This is such great work!

I need to step up game with my Digitone, dangā€¦

3 Likes

@Ess do I need to back up my digitone projects before loading this?
Will my projects still be accessible on the my digitone with this on it?
Thanks!

No, just save the current project you are working on and then create a new one - send the sysex and thatā€™s it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Great idea!

Cool idea!

It gets better every day.
Now that I got over the first discovery moment, Iā€™m measuring how far I am to synthesize such sounds, starting with the siren intro -`Š“Ā“-

Very fortunately, thereā€™s a sysex to dissect :smiley:

1 Like

I really enjoy that album a lot. can listen to it from the beginning to the end and repeatā€¦ totally appreciate your musicianship.
not even interested in the sysex that much, very satisfied with my first bandcamp purchase ever :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m honestly very surprised at how simple a lot of the patches are. Just goes to show less is more!

I tried to load all the sysex files at once, I dont think that worked. Maybe it only takes one at a time and then you have to save it and reload a new project to accept the next sysex?

Anyway, as I mentioned before, sharing data files for album releases isnt new, and some people thought it would be the future of electronic music. I think conceptually, it is a very pure form of distribution. Straight from your machine to my machine.

1 Like

a timeline where Rephlex never died, the internet was never centralized and things just grew weirder as a result.

Love this idea. I miss those days. This music definitely takes me back. Incredible work.

OverBridge to mix?

Any external fx used? The reverb sounds on this are achingly beautiful.

2 Likes

If there was 2 Digitones used to produce this, is there 2 separate sysex files?

1 Like

Yes. Two seperate files.
No external fx.
And from what I can hearā€¦ no clicking eitherā€¦

3 Likes