http://www.thesynthi.de/index.php?/archives/56-EMS-Synthi-100-Specs..html

The basic specs of the Synthi 100:

• 12 oscillators
  • 8 filters
  • 3 ring modulators
  • 8 output channels
  • 8 input amp’s
  • 2 X-Y joystick controllers

How awesome would it be if the Analog Four doesn’t had a fixed signal path. So we have a new Elektron analog machine with a modular approach with a digital mind. Overbridge also gets very interesting for this.

Based on the A4 analog hardware specs:

• 8 oscillators
  • 4 lp filters
  • 4 multi-mode filters
  • 4 overdrive circuit
  • digital LFO & Env.
  • Elektron sequencing / parameter locks.
    Add on:
  • digital pin matrix.

I was about to mention the exact same idea for a product (though not nearly as specific. I have no idea what screen color I would choose for instance haha)

1 Like

How awesome would it be if the Analog Four doesn’t had a fixed signal path

My thought since I had the analog four (which I really enjoy) has always been “how awesome would it be if the analog four was a digital eight !”. Something with elektron sequencing but the sonic capabilities of a blofeld or a virus (eg. osc xmod, fm, modulation matrix, etc)

2 Likes

reading through the most latest interview with Chris Hülsbeck

Were you familiar with Elektron before you won the Digitakt?
Yeah, I am familiar with your history, particularly the Sidstation. I wanted one of those, but now it’s too late, right?

Yeah, the SID chips were all used up.
I heard someone is trying to recreate that chip now, on an FPGA (where you can actually program the structure of the chip, on the chip). Essentially, it becomes an emulation of actual hardware, in the hardware. I hope they make it!

:thinking::thinking::thinking:

Sid emulations have been around for ages, and are all over the place.
Even the monomachine has one

Hello again all:

I’m new to the “Elektron” family. I currently use the DT as a standalone production piece, and have been using the Akai MPC60 mk1, S950, along with the inimitable Emu SP-1200. I still can’t quite figure out how to get the DT to control the SP-1200 via MIDI. I must be missing something. Maybe my other thread explains that situation better.

SP1200 + Digitakt MIDI

Anyhow…

As much as I absolutely love my digitakt… it’s rather disappointing that there is currently (and still) no feature to save or back-up the +drive. Overbridge is slated for February release, but we’ve been promised that last year to our dismay… nothing! It would’ve been nice for Elektron to at least offer a simpler DT software feature in Transfer to allow +drive back-up. If there is, I apologize for missing that one.

Digitakt MK2 feature request:

1. micro SD card reader to save and load sounds and back-up projects — my son’s 30.00 sandisk mp3 player has one… should be a 3-5.00 add-on feature in manufacturing. Implement some code to the OS and voila… problem solved!

2. 8-dedicated outputs via 1/4" phono jacks… hello… this would be huge for the DT, making it the ultra compact beat making powerhouse that it is… take it to the studio and track music properly to outboard mix console. This may make the machine slightly larger in size, but perhaps the geniuses at Elektron can figure this out. I know there is the OT and the Analog RYTM… but these are not quite the same.

3. Velocity sensitive drum triggers… similar to the LINN DRUM or SP-1200… love the drum triggers on the DT… a soft rubber latex surface (finish) may be interesting. If not, how about an accessory that lets you control the DT easily with a portable set of 16 pads… again, maybe I’m missing this feature from using the Akai MPD16 via MIDI (I own this old set… yes it’s a life saver on your fingers).

4. A dedicated SONG mode pad. Patterns = Songs = Projects. This is a no brainer… let’s steal some functionality from the OT on this one. Or offer a [FUNCTION] possibility.

Please feel free to add-on… maybe Elektron will help us out with the +drive storage and back-up before with Overbridge actually releasing when it was scheduled to.

Thanks for your time!

— DRUMAT!C / KicDrum Products, LLC

Something I really miss on hardware synthesizer are custom multi part envelopes. It should be optional, in order to be able to use the a,d,s and r fader while playing a sequence. But the possibility of creating a multi stage envelope and routing it to filter, amp pitch etc allows some really complex sounds, gate effects, awesome drones… The possibilitys are immense! Especially if you allow it to be a modulation source/ destination.
Of course there should be a option to loop those envelopes , like on the A4 with locks/retriggers.

I know it’s easy to implement something like this on a pc, because you can use the mouse to create those complex envelopes, but there are ways to make it possible without a mouse. (Waldorfs Nexus for iPad is a good example).

Another wish of mine, would be: Delay for the LFOs and a Fade in/out function. Good example for this would be the Waldorf Blofeld.

+1 for a dedicated hardware MIDI sequencer with 2-3 MIDI outputs, plenty of knobs and buttons, LFOs and envelopes for MIDI CCs, conditional trigs, OLED screen, costing no more than €600.

call it the MIDITakt if you like :smile:

“takt” means rhythm- so, that’s ruled out

Imagine if Elektron did a collaboration with Waldorf for a new synth, with Elektron designing the hardware and software UI and the sequencer, and Waldorf providing oscillators, wavetable synthesis and filters :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Omg, that would be so awesome! They both have their strengths, combined they could create the best synth ever existed!

Blofeld-like synth engine, elektron sequencer and fx… Where do I sign ?

3 Likes

Something new and unexpected would be cool, and we’ve been getting :elmm: teased…

But on a fantasy side note along the lines of how people dream up box combos, I would go nuts for an Analog series meets OT in one box.
Mostly AR but with an A4 voice or two, a box full of analog, but with OT’s track recorders and recorder trigs and might as well throw in the crossfader. Complete midi section too.

Having the recorder tracks always available as another section like the OT, but all ready to just go nuts with automated sampling and resampling all the magic of the analog circuits on every track…
To go over the top throw in some digital voice engines as well…
I just wrote on another thread that I don’t get GAS, this would give me GAS!

4 Likes

Something like that is what I’d hope to see in Elektrons version of the RMX1.

1 Like

Basically something with multiple tracks, audio/midi. Something like flex recorders, OT Scenes (incorporating midi too), FX and various configurations, plus the sequencer.
Analogue eq, filters, heat, whatever on the delay verb etc.
New MKII form factor
GAS would be explosive, and probably expensive

Srsly, Elektron have all the components to make the DAW box that no one else has seemed to unveil.

Sadly i think we will see no new hardware at NAMM2018 instead its going to be software Overbridge 2
Can i place a bet somewhere with a bookie that Elektron will not have any new hardware at NAMM2018

1 Like

Anyone here work for a bookie? I wanna place a bet!

1 Like

Whatever it is (my hope+ bet is on a Monomachine successor)… a few thoughts for the record on improving the general sequencer functions…

-Something with a song section that actually records patterns, mutes, scenes, knob tweaks etc on the fly in realtime with the ability to overdub/delete/edit.

-Other sequencer advancements like random steps, reverse & ping pong modes, auto generating euclidian sequencing etc, as well as independent track speed scaling a la Octatrack.

-Ability to p-lock/lfo/scene random assignable % to micro timing as well as arpeggiator timing (plus arp swing).

On top of those far flung wishes, why not delve into more advanced inter-track interaction along the lines of the Machinedrum LFO’s, or Monomachine audio busses?

And a cheeky last couple:

• add Generic USB Midi Host functionality so its super easy to plug in a modern controller for working around the interface limitations of devices this size.

-use trig buttons with built in mini screens, so its super easy to see what kind of info is on each trig. There’s a cat for the pigeons.

Not sure if that list is exactly ‘what’s next’… but hopefully some of it is ‘what’s possible one day soonish’

3 Likes

I’m hoping they add the option to edit trigs, patterns, chains, and songs from overbridge. It’s unlikely they’ll do this since you can already write midi in the DAW and “p-lock” it by automating the plugin. For me, though, it would be nice to have complete coherence between the computer and the machines.