Elektron at NAMM 2018

I‘m so grateful I‘m not only immune to Eurorack but find it aesthetically appaling.

9 Likes

Flagship flagship >$1399 incoming from Elektrons

2 Likes

here’s an instagram of kaitlyn aurelia smith. in the background there’s a synthesizer (?) that looks like what an analog keys mk 2 would look like, if there was one. in my humble opinion. edit: also known as the “sh-101” :smirk:

The SH-101?

2 Likes

haha… yes – sorry

1 Like

Wait d2ba, you made a bet with Ryan that there would be nothing new from Elektron at NAMM?

1 Like

its important to identify a favourite nut in case you ever have to make a choice.

3 Likes

What can I say? I do value that gonad!

1 Like

You should turn off all networking (including Bluetooth) when running a DAW, to remove potential sources of instability.

1 Like

It is really quite a regressive trend… mono synths with no patch memories- and often no MIDI… costing like a grand… fuck that. I still do not get what / who they’re for exactly. Sound designers who cannot spend too much time with computers due to RSI is about the only market I can think of, but evidently the things are selling seeing how everyone is putting CV on their synths.
Something like Serum or Zebra or Reaktor can give a lifetime’s worth of deep sounds that can be saved on a USB stick… why the heck would anyone want that cable spaghetti to make some fat drone sound is beyond me.

3 Likes

You can eat ravioli at a restaurant or get it from a tin, just because you flush both down the toilet in the end it doesn’t make it the same.

6 Likes

we’re gonna go off topic but I get that people like tinkering with electronics and have disposable income.

1 Like

Whoah! No need to swear, man!

5 Likes

Weren’t you in another thread cautioning against software because it’ll all be obsolete eventually, whereas hardware lasts forever?

5 Likes

You know how your always posting this synth would be better with x, y, or z. Or I can’t believe this synth doesn’t have a certain feature.

That’s why people get into modular.

6 Likes

Yes, but modular is taking the hardware approach too far :slight_smile: and is atm ridiculously overpriced because it is targetting that disposable income. Arturia’s new rack cases are a good example. A box with a power supply for how much??? :crazy_face:

3 Likes

100%

2 Likes

“stop liking things I don’t like!”

1 Like

“Stop having a preference for things you can afford!”

Hopefully Elektron will release an instrument with a redesigned interface.
The 8 knobs are nowhere near enough in a performance synth.
The encoders make the experience even less enjoyable.
Give us pots and a lot more than 8 please.
The interface hasn’t changed since monomachine, and it was questionable even way back then

2 Likes