Track Scale? Is it real?

YES - This is EXACTLY why you need it - if you want 16ths in one part the other parts are limited to 4 bars. 4 bars of slow moving pad is a style, but a distinct and limited one, you might even say this NOT ‘slow moving’. It is also the reason it is more apparent on instruments that play pitched harmonic / melodic parts because the loop point is much more apparent.

With a drum sequencer the loops are numerous and overlapping i.e. in house the kick is a 1 (or maybe 4) beat loop, against a snare that is a 2 beat loop (or 4), the hat might be 4 / 16ths or 8 / 8ths - percussion could be anything, even asymmetrical, its part of the traditional role of drum parts.

You don’t hear or mind such short loops as much and 4 bars often is plenty for a lot of styles. Apply the same math to distinct chords, melodic parts etc and you hit loop-loop-loop-yawn fast. I agree that it is close to an outright error on an instrument that plays pitches from a company that prides themselves on their clever sequencer.

1 Like

Right! It’s very perplexing for it to be missing on synths that came onto the scene AFTER that feature was introduced. I mean- you can KINDA get variation with the conditional trigs? But you’re paving the way for things to get very messy. I was definitely feeling the “WTF” when I stumbled onto a beautiful pad and I couldn’t swing the chord progression to ring out as it needed to be done without destroying the established vibe of the track that I was working on.

Like, why can’t this already be a thing?

Maybe it’ll come with a future update? As Constionals came to the OT after so long.

It’ll come, you just have to believe- along with p-lockable arp and midi retrig on the DT :heart:

1 Like