Track Scale? Is it real?

Ok I was sure the DT didn’t have track scale when I had it, but I just downloaded the latest manual off Elektron.se and it’s bloody in the manual :neutral_face::upside_down_face:

On page 10!

So can anyone confirm if this is real, the manual is the 02 Feb 18 revision

I’m only seeing pattern scale and track length here

3 Likes

Indeed. So far, only OT makes it possible to define different track scale.
Still, you can set different track lengths in DT, which is already something :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Damn… Why havent they removed this from the manual in the latest release. Got excited there for a sec :fury:

Hope this comes soon, I mean if they left in for all revisions… good chance it’s coming right?

I think it’s already been said above, the two sections of the manual refer to two modes which only support pattern based scale settings - not track based scale settings - it seems clear to me (not a DT owner) that the ‘bracketing’ above the parameters shows you the subgroupings and scale is not attributed to track in either afaict

7 Likes

Ahhh ok, this makes sense! So you can adjust the scale of a whole pattern but not a single track… Hmm thats a bummer. Thanks for clearing that up

1 Like

in the 1.04 update…they have this…and the manual…

Must be the same in the digitone I was trying to do this last night. Cannot understand why it’s not the same as the octatrack

2 Likes

They really need to fix this. I might go so far as to say this ruins a box that could otherwise be really cool - 64 looping steps and limited performance attributes.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s annoying it’s not per track.

2 Likes

Its been my main gripe with every elektron apart from Octatrack (obvs) since the very beginning. if they had tempo scale per track theyd be so much more versatile.

1 Like

Indeed it would. But I guess that’d mean less people would plump for the octatrack.

I was really really sad yesterday when I found out this doesn’t work. Makes the digitakt half as cool.

It really has to be improved with an update!

Compressor is cool but step lengths per track really is a fundamental function that needs to be in any good sequencer. (And thats whats Digitakt is advertised for!)

I don’t know if I’d bought digitakt with that knowledge…

Anyway its time to make something good for overbridge. Here you can start Elektron

Do you mean step length per track?, as it has that.

Nope, he means scale per track. I’m afraid that won’t happen. Because it would cannibalize the Octatrack.

Incorporate Reaktor Blocks’ sequencers and you can have as many time sigs and seq lengths etc…as you want.

But… thats on a computer.

2 Likes

I really don’t think elektron is holding it back because of the octa.

And it would be really stupid. For me thats no reason to get one. Its the opposite. I think every elektron unit should have this feature as they always talk about how great their sequencers are. I’m really shocked octa is the only one.

So if this not gonna be improved I won’t buy any other elekton product that don’t has this main feature.
Neither an octratrack as I own a software sampler (Geist2) that can do the same much more easy.

I mainly use digitakt as a sequencer for my synths and it would be awesome for live, but in this case I need the scale per track

1 Like

It makes more sense for it to be on the Octatrack than the Digitakt- tbh.

The one I CAN’T understand is it being missing on the A4- like being able to have slow moving pads amongst the other elements of a track seems useful to the point of important

Edit: Digitone, too- especially with the evolution of the sounds

3 Likes