Track Scale? Is it real?

No it really don’t! Why should it? because its cost more?:money_mouth_face:

I don’t know why you think it’s such a special feature. Every good multitrack sequencer has to do this.

I think what he’s getting at is that scale per track seems more fitting/useful on a synth than it does on a drum machine. Elektron have a track record of approaching drum machines and synths in different ways. For example, Synths get arp, drum machines get retrig. I can definitely see major usage on the synth side for scale per track. It would also be nice on the digitakt

I’m unsure why people think elektron is some shifty company that purposely leaves things out so people will buy more boxes, and why people are so keen to spread this baseless idea.

3 Likes

Octatrack is working with longer files, longer than a 1-shot, in some cases longer than a note. That’s why it fits on there.

Maybe for speeding up percussions- the multi-scale would be beneficial, but you have retrigs so that’s nullified. And I’m not seeing how slowing a sequencer down to half speed on a drum machine for one track would be that useful? I suppose the 3 fractions would be cool, but you know, whatever. I suppose you can still do swing per track on the Digitakt? I haven’t checked.

I imagine that’s a huge undertaking to supply that feature in a device where it’s not going to be as useful for doing it.

This is the email to submit feature requests

feature-request@elektron.se

Let’s let Elektron officially know we want scale per track for Digitone / Digitakt ! We can hope, right? :blush:

4 Likes

Yes on Digitakt is written Drumcomputer. But I think this description is not on the point. Its more a mono sampler + midi sequencer.

And even on a drummachine I’m into polyrymthms and crazy stuff. And still its a Midi Sequencer. And midi sequencers are used for yes: synthesizers…

And this can be done with any Elektron Sequencer so yes I really think it should be on every Unit.

l jefones: I second your thought on elektron as company.

@ryan: Maybe you should step outside the box. There are more ways to use a these machines. In this case sequencer for midi

Don’t know what you doing for music but I producing techno and need my polyrythms. And often I need my loops longer than 4 bars when I’m using longer tones.

1 Like

That is the unfortunate thing with the digitakt. It’s so deep for a drum machine people often assume it should be more. The funny thing about this is that it gets looked at as a crippled OT instead of the complex drum machine it is.

It’s rightful comparison should be the machinedrum or the analog rytm, but for some reason samples means people compare it to the OT, even though the rytm and the md sample.

I use the dt often to sequence other drum machine. As I have far more of those than synths. So midi wise usage does differ from user to user

5 Likes

Rather than add another edit to my post:

Have you tried using the track length to do poly rhythm like stuff? Especially shorter odd number steps

1 Like

What IS track scale?

It seems to be an extremely important feature that apparently needs to be in every sequencer… I have tons of sequencers… but I never heard of track scale…

2 Likes

Never mind, I see…it controls the time signature of a track. Got it. Hhhmmm… I would think track length could be used for this…

& if a piece of gear is missing a feature that is important to you?

Buy something else. There is PLENTY to choose from.

3 Likes

3 posts in a row, sorry, just wanted to add to my blunt statement above & add something possibly helpful - I get it can be frustrating when you REALLY like a piece of gear, but there are 1 or 2 things you wish it did or did better. I DO get it. I think it’s MORE frustrating when you really love the piece. But instead of getting frustrated, I ask myself if anything else can take it’s place. If not, then I except it. If yes, then sell it.
When I come up against a road block instead of getting frustrated with the gear I think of ways I can get done what I want.

Digitakt doesn’t have track scale -

1. Put it in the feature request thread posted above.
  2. Use something else when needing different time signatures on each track.
  3. Adjust the length of each track instead.
  4. Learn a lesson from this. Instead of assuming a piece of gear includes all features you want because “it SHOULD have it” make sure it actually has it.
  5. Sell the Digitakt & buy something that has what you want.
  6. Start a thread asking for pointers on ways to get around no track scale.

Look for a solution.

1 Like

The earth is flat

3 Likes

Easily achieved with trig conditions tbh

1 Like

Track length would be a workaround for not having the individual track scale. On this forum it is common for people to offer suggestions to help find a workaround for a missing feature. I often utilized individual track length to create polyrhythmic layers on the digitakt. That is a workaround for no individual track scale.

Also not comparing samples to analog synthesis but drum machine to drum machine. Elektron releases in pairs generally one synth and one drum machine, and markets the products as such. Md/mnm, a4/rytm, digitakt/digitone. This is the comparisons I was making, similar approach idea wise.

Your personal attacks were not necessary.

I had to scroll through and see if I was one of the ones talking nonsense… :smile:
I guess I’m in the clear…
Octatrack rules… :rofl:

5 Likes

“Why isn’t this feature from the Octatrack on this box?”

OM: “You should get an Octatrack”

“To make up for this missing feature?!”

OM: “I was just speaking in general- what were you talking about?”

4 Likes

I remember Dataline constantly pushing this feature early on. Strange.

1 Like

When you can have it all…you make do.

Computer are ok in the studio. They suck on stage, imo. Totally kolls the connection ro the audience when looking on a bog screen all the time.

1 Like

Little laptop hidden if you want werks fine.
Who gives a fuck what you use live. So long as it sounds good.

Borrowed from a friend…

CC obvi misunderstood dialog a little “…they just WANT IT to move them.”

2 Likes

I agree here. What bothers me is the aestheticized who insist on vinyl only, then do their live set with a bunch of presets in Ableton and just a PC. Cool.

1 Like