The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

Let’s imagine a world where Elektron opens up the synths machines a bit more to allow us to program all manner of percussion instead of releasing sample packs every week!!

When assigning a sample to a Sound that previously didn’t have a sample assigned the sample volume should automatically get set to 100.

+1

You could create a template Kit which you load up and then build from, this could have your preferred set up settings. Would be great if you could actually make this a default for every future kit though.

Here’s my set of feature requests after playing with the RYTM for a few months. Most are small workflow things which would help make my daily operation smoother. (Apologies if any of these have been mentioned already in this thread)

[ul]
[li]Copy & paste sounds across all tracks. Currently you can’t do this because some machines are only available on some tracks BUT this also stops you copy & pasting just tracks with samples. The only way round this is to manually copy & paste each page set up (excluding SYNTH). How about just letting us copy & paste as normal, I can live that the synth machine won’t be copied.[/li]
[li]Better internal sample management. Like being able to select all unused samples in the RAM.[/li]
[li]Visual display of the LFO. My brain just can’t figure out the start phase and timing of the LFO’s (on all Elektron machines). Surely there could be a way to visualise this. Even just a flashing dot in sync with the LFO would help suss out timing.[/li]
[li]More LFO options. Enough said.[/li]
[li]Confirm menu decisions with a knob push. Like the A4.[/li]
[li]EQ options for synth and samples. Perhaps in a 2nd page within the Filter section.[/li]
[li]Holding the LFO Destination. Sometimes you want to hear how the new DST sounds with the LFO as you browse the list except after a second or two it switches back to it’s previous state. Could it not just hold until you press No (or Yes) or move onwards. This is also for the A4 which operates the same and is v. annoying.[/li]
[li]Sample management. Mountable USB drive please!! C6 is horrible.[/li]
[li]Internal sampling. Can always dream I suppose.[/li]
[li]Line In volume control. The current line in is way too quiet and requires the RYTM to be turned down quite a lot to get a balance. Instead allow a way to just raise the level on the input (like the A4).[/li]
[li]Line In to go through the Distortion. I know the architecture doesn’t allow this. Baffled why this decision was made as the distortion is really nice and would be great as an effect.[/li]
[li]Chromatically tuned synth engines. They drift out of tune when you try to play them chromatically. Try it with the BD or BT and a layered tuned sample. Urgh.[/li]
[li]Improve Chain & Song mode. The black boxes (A4 & RYTM) have vastly reduced Song & Chain modes compared with MD & MnM. There’s no option to mute tracks or start from midway through a sequence. I can’t understand why these newer machines have less functionality than the older ones.[/li]
[li]More Machine Engines. I think this is a no brainer.[/li]
[/ul]

That’s it for now! :wink:

in response to Moving Kits - Project Management “Moving kits”
its nice we can copy/paste kits across projects (FN + COPY).

its not so nice sample assignment is awful manual work.
I’d go for a global config (auto assign samples on kit copy)
if there are not enough sample slots, abort operation.
I know, we are petted with ubiquitous copy/paste operations in the computer world.

and yeah… fix the stuff that is already in the manual but is not yet implemented! the manual really should be a trusty source.
[ul]
[li]record trig repeats[/li]
[li]Q.Start in trig menu[/li]
[/ul]

edit: removed copy/paste track pages. may just not work as expected.

[font=Georgia",“serif]My request :
[font=Georgia”,“serif]
[font=Georgia","serif]LFO controlling sample slot (in a specific folder).
[font=Georgia”,“serif]
[font=Georgia”,“serif]I’d really love that function
[font=Georgia”,“serif]
[font=Georgia”,"serif]Ex : Now on every step the sample change, so the AR plays (for exemple a hh a kick, a tom, a snare, a voice ect….)

[font=Georgia","serif]I think it could be usefull if the lfo could play a sample only in a specific folder. For exemple a Hit Hat folder.

Aaand the biggest request in my book:

THE HUMANIZER!

or, microtiming as a modulation destination (performance, scene and lfo)

…with this amount of feature request, Elektron would be better off building a new machine! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :joy:

We can write whatever we want. In reality it doesn’t matter as Elektron have made it quite clear that they don’t really listen to any of their customers. We will be lucky if we see another update. They’ve probably moved all resources to the next device. The OT still has issues, I’m sure there are some in the A4/AK and I don’t really expect them to solve anything in the AR.

We can write whatever we want. In reality it doesn’t matter as Elektron have made it quite clear that they don’t really listen to any of their customers. We will be lucky if we see another update. They’ve probably moved all resources to the next device. The OT still has issues, I’m sure there are some in the A4/AK and I don’t really expect them to solve anything in the AR. [/quote]
I wouldn’t be so cynical. I think that Elektron is focusing its resources on Overbridge right now. The Analog Rytm should receive a lot of focus over the next year to smooth out the OS and implement additional features.
I think until the release of Overbridge, Elektron will focus on making the “Analog Series” as tight as possible.

I see your logic but it doesn’t really work when you get to large numbers - like I want 1/16th note to repeat 256 times. Or 1/80th note to repeat 1024 times.

We can write whatever we want. In reality it doesn’t matter as Elektron have made it quite clear that they don’t really listen to any of their customers. We will be lucky if we see another update. They’ve probably moved all resources to the next device. The OT still has issues, I’m sure there are some in the A4/AK and I don’t really expect them to solve anything in the AR. [/quote]
I wouldn’t be so cynical. I think that Elektron is focusing its resources on Overbridge right now. The Analog Rytm should receive a lot of focus over the next year to smooth out the OS and implement additional features.
I think until the release of Overbridge, Elektron will focus on making the “Analog Series” as tight as possible. [/quote]
Sorry, having some trust issues with companies that already have my money. Maybe they should all charge by the amount they have finished…then we pay to upgrade it!!!

I see your logic but it doesn’t really work when you get to large numbers - like I want 1/16th note to repeat 256 times. Or 1/80th note to repeat 1024 times.[/quote]
For sure - both instances have their place.

I am curious, then, what the breakdown in number of users would be between those who use retrig to it’s extremes (your proposed scenario) vs more typical rhythmic repeats (my proposed scenario).

• Quantization for different scales (major, minor, custom user programmed) in Chromatic mode.

• Allow Chromatic mode to go beyond it’s ~4 octave limit, if this causes unstable note tracking for the analog voices, then just have it as separate option with a warning that it will not track perfectly or at least allow for 8 octave note ranges for the sample portion of the tracks…

• Live Recording of Retrigs (I assume this will be in the next update, since the manual says it should work)

• Ability to record Pressure/Aftertouch data as P-Locks in Live Record mode (which is available already for Velocity, I think)

• Pressure curve selection

• On the 4 pairs of tracks which “choke” each other, due to being tied to the same channel… Give the option of which of the 2 tracks will take the “note priority” if both are triggered at the same time

Love the RYTM! Thanks for reading my Requests!

You should be able to get the same result by loading your sounds into the tracks in a different order since all tracks that share a voice also shares the same voice architecture.
… your suggestion could be a nice for convenience tho.

I think until the release of Overbridge, Elektron will focus on making the “Analog Series” as tight as possible. [/quote]
Sorry, having some trust issues with companies that already have my money. Maybe they should all charge by the amount they have finished…then we pay to upgrade it!!![/quote]
Well the Analog Rytm already delivers, in my opinion, anything extra is a bonus.

Look at the A4, it’s on update 1.11+

Analog Rytm isn’t even past 1.2 yet

I see your logic but it doesn’t really work when you get to large numbers - like I want 1/16th note to repeat 256 times. Or 1/80th note to repeat 1024 times.[/quote]
For sure - both instances have their place.

I am curious, then, what the breakdown in number of users would be between those who use retrig to it’s extremes (your proposed scenario) vs more typical rhythmic repeats (my proposed scenario).[/quote]
Probably more likely your way tbh… Perhaps a simple push of the encoder could flip the count mode. That would work both ways quite elegantly.

yup. we shouldnt forget overbridge does add new features to AR for free. AR as a multichannel audio interface is pretty rad. hope they will include patch managers too, means u can save/move stuff for later standalone use.