The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

Are you sure this function isn’t on there already? One of the Elektron US guys gave me a demo of the AR back in June and I’m almost 100% sure that function was there, somewhere between the performance mode, the Shift button (and maybe even the Retrig button as a second shift-modifier).

+1. killer idea.
something like apply-mute/unmute-on-master-LEN=0
pad lights could go blinking for visual feedback (= mute/unmute is not applied yet). maybe one color to desginate an upcoming mute and one color to indicate an upcoming unmute action.
normal mute/unmute pad press removes the mute/unmute action from queue.
forgive my passion elektron devs. u surely know better :wink:
btw: the color coding of the pads is rad. really nailed it designwise.

pseen

page 12 of manual. there is [FUNCTION]+[PAD]. once FUNCTION gets released a bunch of mutes gets executed. we asked for a mode that allows to let u finger go and execute the mute action on next bar, next master len=0, …

1 Like

I just want a simple ‘undo all’ when I record a live take. If I play 3-4 pads in a live take with my hand, I have to delete 4 tracks 1 by 1. Unless I am missing something?

I’d imagine it gets reset every time I click on and off record.

[quote="“pseen”"]

Are you sure this function isn’t on there already? One of the Elektron US guys gave me a demo of the AR back in June and I’m almost 100% sure that function was there, somewhere between the performance mode, the Shift button (and maybe even the Retrig button as a second shift-modifier).[/quote]
The Retrig button can be used for Soloing - which is nice, but i want something different.
When preparing a mute setting by holding function, you cannot leave Mute mode since No/Reload doesnt take you out of it (nor out of scene or perf mode btw) like it does on the MD/MM (It acts as a modifier for all the other buttons).
On the A4 its not really an issue since mute mode and perf mode are the same and you can access at least the performance macros, which you can set up as you like (Although on the A4 mute mode is left when entering a menu as a result of holding function and press a synth page button for example).
On the AR its twice as unfortunate since Mute and Perf modes are two different pages (or states of the machine if you like) and switching synth apges doesnt work since function works as a modifier, even worse you cannot alter parameters continuously while holding function.
On the MD/MM i got used to enter mute mode, set everything up, leave mute mode again via EXIT/NO, mess up the sound and then enter mute mode again (you have to press function for that, so the perpared mute stays on hold) and fire it up.
Meanwhile ive found a trick - press tempo before performing the mute preparation, this will lock mute changes while holding function, then you have to exit with No/Reload and you cann apply the mutes later on, but that seems more like another issue. You cannot prepare tempo and mutes at the same time…
So a possible solution is simple; make the trig buttons work as mute buttons in scene and perf modes. I even dont know, why they put in the dedicated mute mode at all… why not having it like on the A4?

+1

im sure someone mentioned this before, if so +1 for tunable pads… i loved that on my old dr660

It would be cool if I MUTE or SOLO some stuff to be able to stare that to a SCENE.

I’ve been using SCENES to just lower the volume on tracks but I still get tiny clicks. Doesn’t seem to work as well as the MUTE buttons do. Plus the MUTES to SCENE would be way faster!!

. . . and too that end, another 12 SCENES would be ace! That would give so much variation for playing live.

After messing around again today I can’t stress enough how cool having FUNCTION + MUTES release on the next bar or pattern would be. I could set up the changes 4 bars in advance and already be on the PERF or SCENE page ready to do whatever else instead of being halfway through the first bar.

Does Elektron read this?
Would be nice to hear from them as to what is simply not possible.

-b

yeah, that would be awesome to have.

in my perfect little world I’d have it in a more general way:

• introduce a new track type. track 14 for pattern control
  • pattern related params (mute, performance, scene gestures) can be recorded or step edited. params from the Scale menu too. accent value, swing value too… okay, okay… my wet dream starts soaking thru my underwear
  • to initiate a multi mute on pattern start, or bar start, whatever, use trig mute to activate.

fine tune for the oscillators,.i use 444 hz as my tuning, cant get the bass tom to sound “right”, maybe add a master tune, if the fine tune per oscillator is too much…

Seriously ^
Another LFO should be completely doable too…even in a 1.02
That is the one thing I find myself wanting everytime I get on it…another LFO with more destinations a la a4,ak,ot so I can even modulate an LFO1 parameter with LFO2[/quote]
Do we even know if the LFO page led is multicolored (like on the A4)? I mean how would this be achieved otherwise without messing up the UI?[/quote]
not sure I follow about multicolored…if it works anything like the OT or A4 then it would simply be another LFO page, you click LFO once you are on page 1, you click LFO again you are on page 2…this wouldn’t mess the interface up at all[/quote]
The parameter page LEDs are indeed tri-color (red/green/amber). Let’s hope this was so they could give themselves a little room to expand!

+1
I think this could be adapted to the current interface by making the default knob behavior control fine tune and press+turn control course. As it stands now they are course tune and even more course, respectively.

+1
#'s 1 & 3 above would really help in getting the interface out of the way

+1

Quantized mutes and mute groups would be so helpful for live playing.

First time post! Ive had my AR for a week now and am absolutely loving it! Ive been composing primarily using software for the last couple of years and now since using this beast I feel like I was missing the boat. I don’t have any complaints as I love it for all that is. However, I would like to see in a future OS update a secondary LFO per track and maybe even more importantly a way to turn up the volume of the input in. Anything I play through it sounds awfully quiet. Other than though its an amazing machine.

ok, to contribute to this thread as well, here a my 2 cents :slight_smile: :

[ol]
[li]Total Amount of Locks for all Scenes and Performances should be globally limited to 6144 each per Project instead of 48 each per kit. Would be more flexible if you need more locks in one track than on the other one.[/li]
[li]LFOs should be able to multi-track-control. As this was on the machinedrum. I really miss this on the AR already. Have a lot of unused LFOs there but on one track the single LFO is just not enough :-/[/li]
[/ol]

Beside that - everythings fine for me at the moment. But im sure i will soon find something else :slight_smile:

Cheers

only this one thing: function+knob-twist from the Machinedrum.

Love the AR so far, but here’s a few things I would love to see …

1. A vintage hi hat machine that sounds like the Seeburg Select-A-Rhythm

2. A tom machine with higher maximum pitch, could be a clave sound

3. More than 2 octaves on the sample pitch modulation

4. A better way to edit parameters on sound trigs

5. Sample waveforms as a modulation source

6. LFO can modulate any track

7. Clean up project removes references to unused samples

Keep up the good work guys :wink:

Laurie

They really need to just open up the MACHINES. I feel like they are trying to limit the sound I can make with them. Toms can only sound like this. Kicks and Snares can only sound like this. If I want to make 12 tracks of noise it should be an option. Give me the building blocks and let me do what I want with them!

would it be possible to make so that: when using a sample in CP/HT/OH/CB and the Synth Trig in the Trig page for that track is set to 0, the voice is not stolen from the adjacent pad (which is only using the analog engine)? this way, even if say CH and OH are playing together, the sound from CH won’t be muted as soon as OH plays (or viceversa) :confused:

Probably not. I’d imagine that the pads that are grouped together are probably using the same engine. So even though one would only be using the analog bit and the other using sampler bits, they are probably sharing quite a few things like the AMP and Filter sections.

a dedicated track-selection mode so you don’t have to hold TRACK.

1. to have user definable or predetermined scaling of parameters in performance mode, for pressure driven melodic lines and other goodnes…

2. peak detection per track as independant lfo retrigger (for example, transients of track 1 are used to retrigger track 5 lfo, could be on the lfo page, after half setting)