The AR Feature Request Thread {closed}

We can write whatever we want. In reality it doesn’t matter as Elektron have made it quite clear that they don’t really listen to any of their customers. We will be lucky if we see another update. They’ve probably moved all resources to the next device. The OT still has issues, I’m sure there are some in the A4/AK and I don’t really expect them to solve anything in the AR. [/quote]
I wouldn’t be so cynical. I think that Elektron is focusing its resources on Overbridge right now. The Analog Rytm should receive a lot of focus over the next year to smooth out the OS and implement additional features.
I think until the release of Overbridge, Elektron will focus on making the “Analog Series” as tight as possible.

I see your logic but it doesn’t really work when you get to large numbers - like I want 1/16th note to repeat 256 times. Or 1/80th note to repeat 1024 times.

We can write whatever we want. In reality it doesn’t matter as Elektron have made it quite clear that they don’t really listen to any of their customers. We will be lucky if we see another update. They’ve probably moved all resources to the next device. The OT still has issues, I’m sure there are some in the A4/AK and I don’t really expect them to solve anything in the AR. [/quote]
I wouldn’t be so cynical. I think that Elektron is focusing its resources on Overbridge right now. The Analog Rytm should receive a lot of focus over the next year to smooth out the OS and implement additional features.
I think until the release of Overbridge, Elektron will focus on making the “Analog Series” as tight as possible. [/quote]
Sorry, having some trust issues with companies that already have my money. Maybe they should all charge by the amount they have finished…then we pay to upgrade it!!!

I see your logic but it doesn’t really work when you get to large numbers - like I want 1/16th note to repeat 256 times. Or 1/80th note to repeat 1024 times.[/quote]
For sure - both instances have their place.

I am curious, then, what the breakdown in number of users would be between those who use retrig to it’s extremes (your proposed scenario) vs more typical rhythmic repeats (my proposed scenario).

• Quantization for different scales (major, minor, custom user programmed) in Chromatic mode.

• Allow Chromatic mode to go beyond it’s ~4 octave limit, if this causes unstable note tracking for the analog voices, then just have it as separate option with a warning that it will not track perfectly or at least allow for 8 octave note ranges for the sample portion of the tracks…

• Live Recording of Retrigs (I assume this will be in the next update, since the manual says it should work)

• Ability to record Pressure/Aftertouch data as P-Locks in Live Record mode (which is available already for Velocity, I think)

• Pressure curve selection

• On the 4 pairs of tracks which “choke” each other, due to being tied to the same channel… Give the option of which of the 2 tracks will take the “note priority” if both are triggered at the same time

Love the RYTM! Thanks for reading my Requests!

You should be able to get the same result by loading your sounds into the tracks in a different order since all tracks that share a voice also shares the same voice architecture.
… your suggestion could be a nice for convenience tho.

I think until the release of Overbridge, Elektron will focus on making the “Analog Series” as tight as possible. [/quote]
Sorry, having some trust issues with companies that already have my money. Maybe they should all charge by the amount they have finished…then we pay to upgrade it!!![/quote]
Well the Analog Rytm already delivers, in my opinion, anything extra is a bonus.

Look at the A4, it’s on update 1.11+

Analog Rytm isn’t even past 1.2 yet

I see your logic but it doesn’t really work when you get to large numbers - like I want 1/16th note to repeat 256 times. Or 1/80th note to repeat 1024 times.[/quote]
For sure - both instances have their place.

I am curious, then, what the breakdown in number of users would be between those who use retrig to it’s extremes (your proposed scenario) vs more typical rhythmic repeats (my proposed scenario).[/quote]
Probably more likely your way tbh… Perhaps a simple push of the encoder could flip the count mode. That would work both ways quite elegantly.

yup. we shouldnt forget overbridge does add new features to AR for free. AR as a multichannel audio interface is pretty rad. hope they will include patch managers too, means u can save/move stuff for later standalone use.

+1[/quote]
Another +1: Please make the trig buttons work as mute buttons in the scene and perf modes.

natrixgli wrote:
[ul]
[li]Momentary selection of pad modes by holding the corresponding button, with the mode going back to the original mode when the button is released. [/li]
[li]example: if I’m in Performance mode and I want to do some mutes, let me hold the mute button, then mute a few tracks, and have it snap back to performance mode when I let go of the Mute button.[/li]
[/ul]

In addition to the trig buttons working as mute buttons in scene and perf mode, I second adding momentary selection of pad modes. Although it’s redundant having both, I still think it’s worth since the pads are visually aligned in a grid, which typically is easier to recognize.

I’d love to see an Analog Machine and Sample Playback Trig Start Offset in either Milliseconds or Samples.

Meaning, can we offset the attack start of either the analog machine of sample playback engine from each other based off the Trig that has been set. That way, we can have small timing offsets between the Analog Machine and Sample Player to help ‘fatten’ up or make more complex sounds, but without losing the transient from an envelope. Think of it as the track delay feature in Ableton. Lots of drum sequence techniques involve the subtle start time of percussion hits being slightly offset from each other but are representing ‘one note hit’. Even if you could alter just one of the machines forward or ahead (i’d think the sample player may be easiest, but perhaps not) to incorporate this feature on if I could only choose one.

Choose which device you’d like to offset from the trig ahead or behind in milliseconds, samples or some sort of short distance of time. Probably does not need to be more than 1000 ms.

That would be a nice feature. The only way currently would be to put some silence into the sample and use the start position. Having this native would be much nicer. A lot of hip hop and wonky style have this subtle offsetting going on. So a common want I think.

Rytm is a great hybrid of TR-style sequencer and MPC-like pads. I’ve been discovering this machine for the past couple days but I miss one feature which I think would be useful, having 12 pads:

Pad trigged sample playback similar to MPC, which means that sample can play only either in one-shot (like it seems now) or only when pad is pressed. This would allow for a much more creative use of samples, cutting them without messing with start-end positions.

I am glad I am not the only one who didnt get that at fitst.
set the HOLD param in AMP to AUTO.
instead of “auto” they should have called it “gate” imho.

I am sure its been said in the thread but after using the Rytm more I really wish I could split the pads for the different function. Program 4 mute pads on the top 4 pads. Have the middle 4 pads be performance pads, and the bottom 4 pads be scene pads. I have made some buildups using all functions(mute, performnace, scene) but find switching between the pads modes to cause it not to be perfect.

I just got my AR and getting used to it, but ya i got a few suggestions… since it just took me over an hour to transfer 16mb of samples, improving the sample transfer speed is my #1. (yes i did change the transfer function to USB only)

#2 add the ability to record the performance pressure pads into the pattern.

#3 when using a sound with the roll feature on you can’t just press the pad from very light to have it fade in, you have to tap it a little hard before it recognizes input. It would be nice to have a sound start rolling off the smallest amount of force.

#4 I agree with others that a sample preview needs to be possible from the browser, something that is very fast and easy to skim through sounds quickly.

I’ll have more once I dig in more but so far this is it, but otherwise this thing is a joy.

Probability percentage on triggers.
So for example if particular trig is set to 20% it might trigger every 5th time (add slight randomness to the algorithm it if it’s not set to 100%) when sequencer position encounters the trig.

It would allow for patterns that seem more organic

Scene to kit.
I often find myself sculpting new kits in scene mode, a neat workflow shortcut would be to copy the values from the current scene to kit. It could be in the scene menu under the command.

Donno if this has been mentioned before but please make the knobs assignable in perf mode just as with the A4. The pads are way to insensitive for small tweaks.

As for my last post, somehow the sample transfer time is better after a reset. So I suppose it is a tolerable speed, could be better but I won’t argue.

I forgot to mention on my last post:

-ADD SAMPLING ! This thing already has the audio input, just something simple like volume threshold sampling like on an Akai. This would in many cases eliminate so many unnecessary steps using a computer.