Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

Which is a nightmare and doesn’t work properly when transferring multiple files at once. Horrendous experience…

soon ™

3 Likes

He also used his hands to show the initial time period they planned, then spread em as far as possible to showcase the new timeframe.

Also used the word infinite with a sad look on his face :poop:

7 Likes

I mean, if Overbridge has no foreseeable release date, then at least give us the bug fixes and features you promised 6 months ago that didn’t have to do with Overbridge! Like Dual VCO!

1 Like

What’s Dual VCO?

What was Overbridge again?

4 Likes

Who knows. But it’ll be tight

2 Likes

Vapourware

1 Like

Oh shoot- my optimism failed to account for his use of the term “infinite” in terms of timeframe :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Indeed. Infinite as in not happening any time soon as I’m time to make other plans.

1 Like

B-b-but… Cenk said “soon”…,

4 Likes

I’ve written to Elektron about just that and “Ollie” said there is no way to release the OS without Overbridge. I’m not sure exactly why that is the case but it was very straight forward that it will not happen that way.
I really pleaded my case and he said he was sorry but it’s impossible.

Interesting…

1 Like

Which is exactly what some of us had reservations about - that OB would negatively affect development of the hardware, but were assured it wouldn’t be the case - I don’t believe that Elektron intended it, but I do think perhaps they were a little naive, hardware development is one thing, fixed architecture, less variables, etc. Desktop software is far less simple to manage, especially if it is as ambitious an undertaking as being multi platform, multi OS. For example you regularly see a new desktop OS update break compatibility with something, now factor in all the different DAW versions, and their updates - it is probably quite a long road ahead even after launch, and then of course it is going to be ongoing. Not so bad if you are a software only company, but also having a number of different hardware products which rely on the software… :ooh:

I am not trying to stir up the hornets nest, or say I told you so, I just think it is a shit situation and I really wish Elektron all the best in trying to get it sorted, but I don’t envy them, it must be pretty stressful.

But I’d take Elektron’s business practices over Behringer any day, I trust them and I believe in them and I think they have integrity, they have stuck to their guns if not their estimates.

6 Likes

Hmmm… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

he doesn’t seem annoyed at ALL to me. Class act that guy is

1 Like

The Elektron Mothership is moving at near light speed … Einstein had a theory about why overbridge seems to take a long time…

2 Likes

We get it dude. You’re pissed and that for a reason but to express this in every thread is tiresome as fugg.

15 Likes

One promise has been delayed - a tower of promises have been delivered with every machine.

Good luck to the Elektron team overcoming this challenge. Being overambitious is what we want, it doesn’t always work out on time.

7 Likes