Status Update on Overbridge [posted February 2018]

I’m sure Cenk doesn’t want to be answering those questions, but to be honest he comes across really well doing it…

as long as no-one says “I don’t even want OB” for a bit I think my patience is slightly restored.

:wink:

2 Likes

:wink:

4 Likes

Cenk thrown under the metaphorical Elektron bus

5 Likes

I doubt there’s something in it that has been advertised- my understanding is that it’s just supposed to perform significantly better than the previous one: mainly in being able to record all of your tracks in high quality where, before, you had to compromise between voices and quality.

Perhaps I’m wrong- and if I am, then your suggestion definitely sounds on point.

We’ll have to see!

1 Like

Don’t remind me, that was a bad time. The anticlimax made me never want a Heat.

1 Like

For sure. I recorded a band with 16 tracks recorded at the same time, mixed with several fx for each track with a 15 years laptop, RME soundcard, same age. Could make music with many VSTs, and 1.5 ms latency. Windows XP. :joy:

Actual video softwares are much more demanding ! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

SERIOUSLY! Like, I get that the Heat is a really cool thing for some people and definitely has its market value- but after the anticipation and suspense it was quite a let down.

On the plus side, I feared that Elektron were going to abandon grooveboxes and spend the next few years making hardware fx- and to my delight they didn’t do that

1 Like

Yeah I think he’s double disappointed because he can’t say when it’s coming out and what’s in it …
My guess is, and this is pure speculation, the stand alone version is gonna be a daw like software with on board effects and maybe even vst support. So you can have specific plugins like added lfos or envelopes etc. … Kinda like bitwbig but just for elektron boxes … Or maybe I am just dreaming :wink:

3 Likes

It’s ok to lol … lol

1 Like

Nope, it’s disrespectful to lol at someone’s hopes and dreams.

:okej:

lolz after 4 years rytm mk1 users still don’t have sample transfer app and you are dreaming of some daw like software, plus they couldn’t get OB v1 to be stable, you are dreaming my friend :wink: but hey I am stil dreaming of that sample transfer app for rytm mk1 for past 4 years so who am I to say anything lolz

2 Likes

Personally I’m over the whole OB issue. At this point if it comes out or doesn’t I just plain don’t care. The DT is a fun little machine (albeit now way over priced new) and it has some special features I won’t find anywhere else. But the DT also made me realize that hardware, at least Elektron hardware, isn’t for me. At this point I’d rather sell my DT to someone who will enjoy it for what it is with out OB and when OB finally drops maybe I’ll pick one up again. I just want my DT to go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is now. I’m much more productive with my Maschine MK3/Launchpad Pro combo anyways.

I also feel bad for Cenk; it sucks to be the face of a company in such a bad position. Homie just wants to be happy and have fun showcasing the machines he loves, not Fielding questions about a product he himself hasn’t fully experienced yet.

4 Likes

How short are your tunes? If you do the maths thats 8 tracks at 1 minute each with 2 minutes left to top and tail all 8…

The Decendants would be proud…:thinking:

Nah they’d prob think I suck. I’m still learning, so take what I said with a grain of salt.

2 Likes

1 Like

Meant to be a joke, sampled Cenk talking about OB. I was bored :joy:

2 Likes

Waiting. Waiting. Waiting. The months roll by and my Elektron gear sits silent and unused. Time to sell and cut my loss.

4 Likes

Yep.

Are there any plans to have it work on the iPad?