Screen upgrade?

ah yes, thanks…! yeah I think the board where the actual display is mounted on is a different type… dunno how to find out compatibility… I’ll try my luck contacting HQ tomorrow…

most sophisticated screen upgrade thread is this one I think:

but it focuses on MD - different display… haven’t seen one for AR/A4 yet…

1 Like

General pics of the guts of the box/pcbs unearthed so far (don’t go further) would be nice to see … asking for a friend :wink:

1 Like

I’m on the hunt too :thup:

I briefly looked a few months ago for 122x32 OLEDs for my AR with no luck. Currently I’m searching out 128x64 OLEDs for my OT, but common screen sizes are smaller than the LCDs that are available, so this approach would require a bezel around the screen to cover the gap.

2 Likes

@panelist Here’s a link to a post from a member who had screen upgrades for OT and may have more in the future or perhaps some useful info…

2 Likes
2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Red eye

now that I can get into

3 Likes

cool! So that’s the guy to contact re power consumption etc…
guess it’s the same type of LCD tho?

1 Like

I’m waiting on a response from the seller re: display type

1 Like

Wait untill the mk2’s are out and hope the new OLEDs fit in the mk1…

2 Likes

I got display from that ebay seller…

You can find some pictures here:

it is not OLED screen, it is just negative LCD… colour of background is dark blue, not black…

Hey @void, did you make any progress with this?
Definitely interested in an OLED for my A4/RYTM.

What about this one?

Very limited technical info on the website though. Will ask them if they have a product data sheet.

Edit: sorry @avantronica, hadn’t noticed you’d posted the same link.

2 Likes

Has anyone successfully installed one of these in a RYTM/A4?

I requested a data sheet, but they never sent me one.
Otherwise I have been completely unable to find another 122x32 OLED screen.
128x32 OLED - no problem, but not 122x32.

It depends on the controller, power requirements, and footprint of the display. It should be possible if these variables match.

1 Like

I think this screen from reveltronics actually isnt 122 pixels wide. I think its the same screen as this - http://www.china-lcdmodules.com/128x32-oled-display.html and this https://www.displaymodule.com/products/dm-oled22-612

Why do you think that?

the LCD screens for the same computer are 122x32
is there a reason you think it isn’t as advertised?

A while back, I found the brand of display module that’s used in the Analog Four. (link below) It matches the one in the excellent teardown by Pete Brown (aka psychlist). It’s probably safe to assume it’s the same display in the Rytm. Maybe the specs might help the search for a matching OLED? I was never able to find one. The size is one thing, matching interface protocol might be a challenge? Out of my league here, but it seems so do-able. There are a lot of folks doing OLED upgrades for other old synths…

Here’s the original display module used in the A4, and likely the Rytm. Maybe someone with some deeper tech knowledge could comment on swap-ability with OLEDs…?

http://www.winstar.com.tw/products/graphic-lcd-display-module/122x32-graphic.html

Winstar 122x32 Graphic LCD Display Module

Model No. WG12232A

►Available for internal oscillation (A Type), External oscillation (C Type) 2KHz
►Built-in controller Avant (SBN1661G) or equivalent
►1/32 duty cycle
►Negative voltage optional for +3V power supply
►Chinese version: WG12232L
►Interface: 6800

4 Likes

finally got around to looking at the technical drawings and it wouldn’t be a drop-in replacement (if possible at all). different screen dimensions, footprint, header position…

2 Likes