Replacing the Analog Four / Keys LCD

I’ve seen a few very old threads on replacing an AK/A4 screen, but I haven’t seen anything related to this specific replacement I found on Reverb (Here).

Unfortunately, I’ve tried contacting the seller since August to ask them about the process for replacing the screen with theirs and they haven’t once responded to me out of the 5 times I’ve messaged them, so it’s safe to say they will not respond to me.

Also, I believe they’ve bumped the price up since I originally asked, so there’s two things going against them.

The screen looks cool though - does anyone have any experience with this screen? Or maybe there’s another option out there, I prefer the darker background and lighter text over the current version.

Obviously, the seller hasn’t really done much to earn my trust so this could all be a moot point.

Thanks!

1 Like

My friend and I have ordered from that seller. He is on vacation…has been for a while. My friend installed his A4 screen with another friend and then we installed the other on my AK. The screens we got were not black and white. They were more of a blue and white, but for me it doesn’t really matter. My eyes are going, and the new screen changed everything for me.
We also have two of the same screens we ordered before the seller went on vacation that we are going to install on our Analog Rytm MK1’s. It’s not a terribly hard job with two people. There is a row of pins that go through holes in the bottom of the screen. I don’t want to give you wrong info on how to do it, but one person de-solders and the other holds the screen until all the pins are free.
We might do our Rytm’s soon, and I could try to documents the process if you like. The seller is pretty infrequent with correspondence, so maybe keep trying. If it’s worth it to you. After the Rytm’s, I really wanna do my Monomachine. If you are a nerd, it’s kinda fun…the challenge.

May I ask, did you take a picture of the board, can respond with any identifying numbers, or even dimensions?

Not to say that we should have the option to subvert the seller and go to mouser or aliexpress ourselves, but I’d at least like to look around.

I can take a picture of the old one…Let me have a look. might take a little time. I think the sell modifies the screen, so it’s easier to install. That may be why he’s vacationing. I will try and get pictures.

1 Like

If you know what part it is it is very likely to be easy and cheap I you aren’t scared of a bit DIY. If anyone knows the model I would be interested as well. Is this controlled using I2C or SPI or is it an old display with 1 mio tracks? If it was controlled using one of those protocols - did anyone try to fit another one in in case there are oled’s or tft’s with those dimensions?

1 Like

Fwiw, below are the specs of the original part. This is one of many threads on the topic. Keep in mind the MKI A4 AK and Rytm likely use the same display, although I don’t believe that’s been explicitly confirmed.

1 Like