Octatrack & Behringer Model D: Midi Sequencing

Hip-hip #!%! horray. I have now managed to sort the issue! Thank you so much - just a case of unchecking all of those boxes, but also on the MIDI page - by going to T2 and turning the channel Midi channel to 1.

@sezare56 is this what you are referring to about the shared midi channels? like…because i am using T2 and not T1 they’re not sharing?

Can someone explain though in layman’s terms what the below page is for though? 6df71099c936427476a61f3840ebee69a0a111f3_1_689x443

This page instructs the OT about which channels of incoming MIDI information (at its MIDI In port) it should respond to.

MIDI information that arrives on the auto channel number is directed to the currently active track (whether internal audio or MIDI sequencer) on the OT.

The eight TRIG CH values show which MIDI channel numbers the OT’s eight audio tracks are listening to. In the photo, Track1 is listening to messages that arrive on MIDI channel 1, Track 2 is listening to messages that arrive on MIDI channel 2 etc.

1 Like

Glad if it works. :thup:

Shared midi channel = any midi track having same channel as an audio track. It doesn’t prevent a midi track to send midi but nevermind, if it works for you.

I’ll add which channels are used by audio tracks to send midi data via midi out.

1 Like

Good to hear :thup:

Yes and loving it :zap::infinity: make sure you pay attention to the midi channel settings their four tiny switches that need to be configured for whatever channel you want to use. It’s inside the (model D ) manual…