NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

2 Likes

You didn’t have to prove anything to me, but hey congrats to Daniel

NAMM highlights for me were ZOIA and the PO 33. I did not see either coming and both look/sound pretty amazing!

I just think it’s fascinating, and a little amusing.

It was entertaining to me as well. Somebody celebrated this past weekend over making the right call re: Digitone but I don’t think it was Daniel.

1 Like

From January: :thinking:

1 Like

As far as favorite NAMM 2018 products, I like the QuBit Nebulae Mk. II and Strymon Magneto.

This might be the year I finally get into Eurocrack, depending on whether I decide to play live with my Folktek Mescaline.

My prediction for Superbooth’18…Elektron will Show a Digidrum. :wink:
Microtonic-esque in the Digitakt form wo sampling.

For sure. I’d prefer them to add drum synthesis to the DT but I don’t think it’s going to happen.

Until they do, PO32 and Microtonic. I just got one a couple of days ago, and I’m blown away by Microtonic. The most amazing drum synth I’ve ever used. The online algorithm he has created to generate evolving drum patches is mind blowing. So excited by this combo and can’t wait to add a PO33 (and maybe the PO35). Amazing stuff to feed the DT and small enough to carry around anywhere (perfect travel gear).

Check out this guy’s videos for an example:

2 Likes

Based on that demo, it does normal or crazy with nothing in between?

What is between normal and crazy, lol? Sorta normal and not-quite crazy? I think it’s limited only by your imagination, programming ability, and skills.

I agree, usually rhythm has some kind of starting point to deviate from, which makes it interesting. to my ears, that demo was someone just hitting buttons. by contrast, the baseck video made the device sound really good. id like to get a couple of these PO doo hickeys.

1 Like

If you are on a computer with flash, check out this site:

The creator of Microtonic has made and algorithm that spawns drum sounds and patterns. People vote on them and those feedback to the algorithm and are compiled into best of lists. These kits and patterns can be immediately copied into Microtonic and in turn added to the PO32. See if you like the sounds. Also, once in Microtonic you can manually tweak all of the kits and patterns to your liking before sending over to the PO.

4 Likes

That application is so brilliant to me

1 Like

In that demo, he’s mostly just playing with the FX.

If you want a wider variety of demos to listen to, check out this thread - people have been posting kits they’ve made for it with Microtonic, along w/ demos.

I really want to try the little Marshall 1-watt DSL amp. Hopefully it will sound better than the Blackstar 1 watt.

The only thing ”I have to get” is Strymon Magneto.

And Arturia Minibrutes are a NAMM winner imo. I’m quite certain that those will get quite many interested of Eurorack. At least I have two friends who have been giggling years to my eurorack gear and now they both want one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kilpatrick Audio in addition to the multi-band compressor also previewed a proto-typed reverb unit called Redox

There’s a video and more info here:

1 Like

Dang! I definitely want to hear more.
These look great, and again the look matches the black Elektrons.
OT master track is about to go bye bye