NAMM 2018 - News, Announcements hopes and rumours

Same. Those are the two that stood out for me, as well. Minibrute 2s could be fun, too.

1 Like

Digitone. Best and freshest product this year.

2 Likes

Minibrute 2 with this rack/link could be the first step into modular/eurorack for me. So I have to stay far away from it :wink: I would probably get the Minibrute 2s and connect the Arturia key step to it. Really hard to resist the temptation!

1 Like

The modular lust subsides eventually - when you run out of space and/or money! (Actually, I’ve been eyeballing a Keystep to use with my modular and other CV gear - I like that SH-101-style sequencer - but the Minibrute 2s might be a better choice for my room. Except for the space it will take up, that is).

Not sure where I’d put a Quantum. But I reckon I could make room!

1 Like

The Keystep is really recommendable, especially if you need something that can send out CV, GATE and MOD „wheel“ signals. The only thing i miss, is a lcd that’s shows the current step number and the BPM. But still awesome. I did buy a second one, because they are almost perfect. It’s pretty similar to the sequencer of a the SH101, but it can even do a few things more. All the important stuff can be set pretty fast without the need of the software. (changing Midi channel, sync mode, etc…) Build quality is pretty good for the price and the size makes it perfect if space is rare. I even like the feeling of the minikeys, and I usually hate minikeys :wink: Aftertouch and velocity can be send only per midi, but I guess you don’t need this feature for modular.

I still have some hope that Waldorf announces a Desktop version of the Quantum. I really don’t need the keyˋs on this thing. Waldorf has a history of doing desktop and rack modules of they synthesizer, so it is not totally impossible. (I know that i’m not the only one who wants a desktop version).

2 Likes

It’s coming, Moog Multiply.
Multi versions, most likely MPE

Multidimensional (3D) Paper Exhibit - MPE

According to this, the trademark is abandoned. Does not mean the project was abandoned of course. It’d be smart for Moog to save the hype for Messe or Superbooth

Should be announced soon, not sure when
There is definitely a huge buzz around here, gonna be something special…

I’m surprised at Moog lately. They used to run as tight a ship as anybody - you’d have no idea they were coming out with something until they were ready to announce it - like Elektron -nobody saw the Digitone coming.

No countdowns. No bird whisperings. :wink: Trademark applications were the only sign that Moog was up to something.

Somebody actually did, I forget where it’s posted.

do you know when will the new batch of digitise will be ready? i wanted to buy one today only to find out it is already sold out

W/out question, the Cranborne Audio 500ADAT, and the API 529 bus comp. Will be getting both. If my Bitcoin investment goes anywhere I’ll get a Digitone.

Does that somebody still have a job with Elektron now? :wink: People sign Non Disclosure Agreements and things like that for a reason.

Anyway, it is what it is.

I forgot where it is, Adam Jay knows.
Somebody made a good guess, name and all.

Oh! There were bird whisperings! Cenk was throwing around the :elmm: symbol at the beginning of the Elektron at NAMM thread

1 Like

After a few YouTube videos of this thing in action, I’ll agree your original metaphor nailed it, pretty much bang on.

1 Like

It MIGHT get better- but they really should have held off promoting this thing until there was something special about it.

I just feel bad for the people that wil buy this for 500 to save money on getting an OP-1 and then end up selling it for $150 so they can save up for a Timbre Wolf

2 Likes

It’s Elektron’s version of TE’s pre-NAMM marketing for the new POs.

Both are relatively tighter than Behringer though - that “leak” of theirs about “insanely fat music creation” devices - oh man, so sloppy…

Roland still owns the title of worst pre-release marketing campaigns ever - the infamous yearly countdown. Word must have gotten back to them how many peeps were laughing at them. No wonder they don’t do it anymore. Behringer was just being inept, while Roland was quite deliberate.

2 Likes

You didn’t have to prove anything to me, but hey congrats to Daniel