More Machines? Seriously, we need them

I would hardly consider any of the elektron machines “limited”

Thinking in terms of future machines, a bass synth specific machine might be a good addition! I can get basses from say, the bass tom track, but something more geared to bass would be very nice.

Might make sense when working along-side A4 since A4 doesn’t have an individual output which could be used for bass.

A bass machine and the AR could be perfect!!!

Yes plz!!

Y’all are insatiable.

Agreed.
All I can say is that Elektron can make the flipping RYTM get up and twerk on my table if they want to as long as they are adding more synthesis (i.e. machines) to it as well.
If this ends up being an impulse machine and OB update only, then I’m officially done with Elektron.
According to the “leak” machines seem likely, but why the hell not tease some of those???
It feels like Elektron wants to turn the AR into some mash up of random studio objects instead of the best Drum Machine ever made. It truly boggles the mind. Why don’t they just make a badass sequencer/time clock with all of these random features? They seem so fond of limiting each machine so you’ll want to buy the other ones…Flipping bananas!
[/quote]
Why don’t you sell it now and “officially be done with elektron” already? Sounds like your having a nightmare using the Rytm as it currently is and I don’t see the point of that. Plus given your disappointment with elektron to date, it’s unlikely that they’ll be able to come up with an update that’ll satisfy you and transform the rytm into the best drum machine ever made from whatever you currently perceive it to be.
I feel a sense of joy when I turn my hardware (or software) machines on and sit down to make music. Some seem to experience mainly anger. Why not sell the kit that makes you angry? Life is short. Flipping bananas.

Bass Tom with slower attack and clever LFO automation plus HPF side chain in the comp gets the job done.

Bass Tom with slower attack and clever LFO automation plus HPF side chain in the comp gets the job done.[/quote]
Getting the ‘job done’ was so 2015 , in 2016 AR says … " all your bass are belong to us " :wink:

Bass Tom with slower attack and clever LFO automation plus HPF side chain in the comp gets the job done.[/quote]
Getting the ‘job done’ was so 2015 , in 2016 AR says … " all your bass are belong to us " ;)[/quote]
Excited for it!
I appreciate that attitude much more than the panicked “sky is falling” hyperbolic narrative that is all too pervasive around these parts.

Yea, all the Elektrons have hella options, no doubt. I sense it’s the people with lots of time who require more to nerd out on, which is fair TBH.

I’m in the minority for sure though when I say, I’d prefer Elektron tone down the development of new/more “options” and focus on streamlining the ones they have.

Let’s try to make the machines more immediate and spontaneous with less menu diving, button pushing and knob twisting and locking. And the separation of the MUTES, from the SCENES and the PERFORMACE pages is kind of inefficient. I’m thinking of the grooveboxes that have one knob per function…

Having said all that, in the AR’s current state, I firmly believe it’s worth every penny I paid for it and thoroughly enjoy it.

I kind of agree. I havent yet wanted/needed or even thought of new machines. I may have wanted midi implementation but thats about it.

I kind of agree. I havent yet wanted/needed or even thought of new machines. I may have wanted midi implementation but thats about it. [/quote]
I would say that midi is holding the AR back from being perfect. What I would give to be able to assign midi control to any of the 12 pads (for example, on voices that are shared, like CH and OH it would be LOVELY to assign one to an outside midi source so that I can still make use of the track when voices overlap)

okay guys, its along thread … musikmesse is long over, where are the new machines?
that leaked video sounded promising … with all the new machines.
but where is the update ? :frowning:

Personally, I’d rather have it good than soon. A bug-free update from day one over a rushed buggy one any day!

Word on it.

I mean jeeze it’s confirmed coming. If they haven’t released it it’s probably for good reason.

I’d rather have it ever than perfect.

Soon ready for flight.

I will assume by your comment and the pic that I can expect 12 new machines. If not, I will throw this $1500 hunk o’junk in the trash and never buy from Elektron again. You have been warned.

/salt

Is the bug a mono device? My understanding so far, is that mono signals can’t be used properly because they will be panned to one side only (in the rytm).

Or is this the feature you’re referring to?

I made a custom cable to connect the DRM1. No, that is not a feature.