Modor NF-1

New favorite synth. Just got ver.2 today and running thru the presets to see what it can do.

Will report back in a month to see how i still feel.

1 Like

Good to hear the NF-1 gets the love it deserves. It’s just such a fantastic synth! I use INIT only, it just begs to be programmed and explored. God forbid, but if I would be forced to let go stuff, my Microwave XT, JD990 and Prophet REV2 would definitely have to leave first.

Actually, I could do with just a ND2, Octatrack, Shruthi and the Modor. Don’t tell my girl…:slight_smile:

I actually made a few tracks, Modor only: https://soundcloud.com/binaural-1/modor
https://soundcloud.com/binaural-1/modor-multitrack
https://soundcloud.com/binaural-1/stranger-modor-1

2 Likes

It’s great. I def need to read the manual more but it is a very expressive synth. Excellent tracks btw.

WIndows editor has just been released
http://www.modormusic.com/downloads.html

1 Like

Linux (which is nice) and Mac too.

Finally got around to releasing that album where the Modor NF-1 was used fairly heavily. I’m linking to my post about it as it has a track by track rundown. The NF-1m is exclusive or primary instrument in 4 of the 7 tracks.

There’s still lots and lots I need to explore about this synth but it’s really one of the best additions to my setup.

2 Likes

I just published this video about sound editing on the “mini” Modor NF-1m.

3 Likes

I love my Modor NF-1 :heart:

5 Likes

Just ordered one! Can’t wait for it to arrive, seems like a very unique synth! :blush:

Reviving this thread… I always forget about this synth. how did you like it?

Sound Design Dream!

1 Like

Not so many users here? Why?

Played it in a store today, the UI is killer. Best and most transparent interface I’ve seen since MiniMoog or MS-20, all sections are on their places, all super accessible.

However it sounds very “alternative”, a few truly beautiful sounds I’ve found, like sweet spots. Somehow few sounds really amazed me, like “I never heard that before”! Filter! Tons of options for experiments and “noise” and “industrial”. It isn’t a warm sounding synth of course…

1 Like

Thanks! I love it so much. Such a UNIQUE synth, with its own character :heart_eyes:

1 Like

…another belgium storm trooper…in this case a great one…
and as all modor stuff…super solid hardware with fancy details…

i had the small desktopversion of it…and sold it…since yes, indeed, it’s ui was a killer…
since it had to squeeze all options of the big version into the small one, too…which was a killer literally…

but if ur into ambient, sounddesign and psytrance almost a must have…
the best vowel filters i’ve ever heard…

how went the drumcomputer version testing for ur punchy whishes…?
by far no must have at all, right?
if that one would have those vowel filtering implemented, it could have made it a gamechanger in digital percussive sounds…
poor thing, that these smallbatches one man companies can only sell their stuff for boutique as boutique can pricetags…

1 Like

Well yeah! Not “must have”, but at the same time the idea to test them wasn’t good for improving my sleep schedule - spend all the night after with reading manuals, surfing all info… Honestly liked them both, synthi and drumma, A LOT.

But totally get your statement “they have no soul” - both sounds good indeed, but kinda super cold and “tactical”, “fatal”, and “suicide” and “hands up, get on your knees!” type of thing… how troopers can be different? And the whole sound experience from both is a bit hard to call “in love”, impressive - yes, but…

Vowel Filter and 3 oscs, and other features are super nice… it’s like having your favorite softsynth in front of you with proper control… Honestly, maybe synth is even more appealing than DR2… Was a big mistake for me to try it as well : )

At the same time, Waldorf M was sitting close to them and was telling me - “fkk those evil things - take me with you! I’m a lovely german machine, and will work hard to supply u with most beautiful sounding things till the day we die”. Analog filters still make sense - more warm, pleasant, etc…

So it’s a a good food for thoughts… I also asked for another 2 hour test session next week with both machines in their “monitor” / “listening room”. Actually store owner is so supper nice, they even offered me 1 week test drive for both machines… I denied at this point since then I’m sure I won’t give them back : )

And despite the sound, yes the build and interface on their bigger machines is insanely good! Was “at home” after 5 mins…

So yeah…

But again I’m not in rush to sell my 808 or Juno to get them… don’t know… will investigate further…

1 Like

Pricing - yeah… Would be MUCH easier to make decision on both if they are like 30% cheaper… But at the same time like that they are a bit “hard to obtain”. Never liked easy ways : )

1 Like

So…. This or Novation Peak? Both similar and not so similar!

Go with the Modor! It´s similar versatile, but more fun playing live.
Plus supercool company/cs

1 Like

Hey welcome!

And Thanks for the help…

NF-1 looks really cool both aesthetically and functionally…really tempted to pull the trigger… I’ll let it simmer a bit more

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah it´s really a good one. Sounds very in its own league somehow.
cheers!