Missing Kit

i started making a kit last night. it twas brilliant. i bought/loaded the md909 kit a few minutes ago, and loaded it up on a different global slot and snapshot… and now i can’t find my kit.

does anyone know…
is there a way to search through all kit names?
what the default snapshot is on the md?
any other suggestion besides loading each snapshot on each global slot.

sigh. btw, the md909 stuff is great. - MD 909 released - (909 & 303 DrumPack for Machinedrum)

Hey Dan,

The “global slot” setting is not directly related to pattern storage, it’s used
to manage system settings. So i think you might be getting slightly confused.

You need to focus on the snapshots.

Each individual snapshot contains 16 Patterns x 8 banks + 64 Kits and are completely separate from each other. Each snapshot contains 8 global settings as well (but don’t worry about that for now)

When you change or load a snapshot you are reloading all the patterns and kits in the MD, with those that are stored in the selected Snapshot.

It’s possible that you have changed snapshot and the pattern/kit you made last night are in a different snapshot.

Snapshots are not automatically saved, you need to save them manually before Loading another, or use the Snapshot Quick Mode Menu, with the Global +drive Quick Mode setting set to “Change”.

Have a read of the Machinedrum +drive manual.

There’s a bit to read, but it’s fairly easy once you understand.

i’m pretty sure the kit is gone. i saved it. could call it up… but it’s not there anymore. i saved it right after too. dang.

somehow i overwrote it. oh well.

the file management is very different than what i’m used to.