Low hanging fruit enhancements

on the OT, I wish you could copy a micro-timed trig setting to another trig as well as micro-time shift the whole track. I wanted to shift an entire track last night and it was painful.

You can shift all steps with swing, selecting all trigs. Thanks @gbravetti
Delay whole track by miliseconds

1 Like

of course. but as you say in the post, it’s doesn’t match up 100%. and it’s not as precise as micro-timing. of course, you also need to then manually select the steps you want to apply it to first.

I was thinking more along the lines of how you can press function and left/right to nudge everything forward or backward. but pull up the micro-timing menu first, or something…?

1 Like

Unlikely but attractive,
DT fx parameters and rtrig timing as lfo destinations

3 Likes

More precise, but with a limited range. A track microtiming nudge would be welcome of course. :wink:

1 Like

I think this has also been discussed in the context of the the inclusion of additional waveforms as part of the noise generator, not really a ‘low hanging fruit’ type change. :wink:

Actually, I’d even prefer if they removed the option altogether. It’s no secret that I’ve never been a fan of the “revert back to flawed” option. Wouldn’t it be silly if the Digitakt had a little Legacy FX box you had to uncheck everytime in order to make the bit reduction and overdrive FX sound right?

Did you try on a new blank project?

Away from my Rytm but I’m almost certain on mine using older projects and the preset project loads new kits with legacy fx checked, but new blank projects load with it unchecked…

4 Likes

I’ll try that. Just got my RYTM MKII this week, and have been using all the empty banks and kits on the project it starts up with because there is still a lot of space left.

If the Legacy FX option is still checked on blank kits after creating a new project , I’ll just create myself a blank kit with it unchecked that I can use to copy/paste everytime I want a new blank kit.

You’re right. Just checked. No Legacy FX as default now. That’s much better.

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure projects created on OS versions before the update and the presets project have it checked for continuity, but fresh projects on the later OSs have it unchecked… The presets were originally created with the legacy fx levels so I think that’s why new kits seem to use the same setting for project continuity.

3 Likes

What about the noise section? No idea how it is implemented other than being digital since you can bit reduce it, no scope there for waveforms? Is it a low effort (in terms of spec) sampling of noise without a route to further expansion?

You are both correct. Just wanted to make sure that we don’t end up with the oscillators are digital rumour again.

3 Likes

I just talk for Digitakt and Digitone, I don’t know the other machines, but [func] + [trig] is basically enabling a trigless trig, which is a powerful and important feature. So u no touch ! Haha :wink:

I really do not understand the disparity between ins on digitone and digitakt.

1 Like

They don’t have the same processing power, the DN seems to have more, meanwhile the DT has to deal with sample storage and a playback sound engine. That’s what i understood.

1 Like

There is plenty of room for a nice little active mixer inside the Digitakt … darenager where art thou? :grinning:

3 x stereo ins, 1 mono out internal to DT in, 1 internal stereo mix from DT outs, drill front side panel for jacks, mute buttons, knobs …

1 Like

OT they have always said bug fixes supported, v2 being released has also been beneficial with extended support. The silver boxes are long gone unfortunately.

1 Like

Up to 1024 steps for RLEN recording time for Octatrack. Impossible to automate more than 64 steps without midi.

4 Likes

If you’re not in record more, they aren’t used for anything. On the AR/DT/OR they trig the sound of the track, on the AR they trig a note of the currently selected tracks. But I definitely get your point - mixed use of these keys could be problematic. This was just an example, of course.

On the AR, the same menu is opened when you press [func] with [synth], [sample], [amp], [filter], or [lfo], so any of those key combinations could be used be replaced with ones that give you access to 5 more deep menus

1 Like