Low hanging fruit enhancements

The Filter page on the Rytm to be switchable to affect either Analog or Sample or both. I have always dreamt of more control when layering sounds in that box.

3 Likes

Atleast 1 one more LFO on AR!!! P-locks do work in some cases but they are not the same thing. 2nd envelope would be great too but imo LFO is a bit more useful (as it can be sort of an envelope anyway).

Suggestion for other sequencer modes would be amazing and if that could be set per track (direction, etc.) that would be really great.

p-locking multiple steps simultaneously on octatrack (like on the newer generation products)

lfo sync mode that resets it only when the pattern starts - while probably least likely to be added to the OT, that box would be empowered most by this because it would turn the designer LFOs into synced automation lanes that can run longer than 8 bars

parameter slides on digitone, or at least portamento

as mentioned before, ability to layer samples post-filter in AR

key input (selectable from internal tracks or an external input) for sidechaining on all boxes with a compressor effect, not just DT. lack of this has always been such a shame for OT and AR

pentatonic scales in the boxes with scale modes

sequencer tricks like pattern direction and skip would be really nice but I doubt these could be considered low-hanging fruit

1 Like

I think being able to select different type of midi bank select on the midi parts would be pretty swell… as is a lot of midi capable synths require some kind of cumbersome work arounds that aren’t guaranteed to work. Accent, slide and glide would be nice to see implemented across the board.

DT and DN (control all) could really use a “performance mode” where you dont have to worry about going back through and resetting all your patterns you just mussed with because of auto save.

2 Likes

OP-1 slices on transients?! I didn’t know that. Excellent!
(I assume you mean the Drum Sampler?)

and a sleep mode / standby (sometimes my machines are on all day … I am really afraid of them being burned) for all machines

Drums sampler it is…well, I thought so at least.

That is what trig mutes are for.

no, what they’re describing is more like selecting which steps the sequencer should skip. with trig mutes, the sequencer length doesn’t change, but with “active steps” / step skips, the sequencer jumps from one active step to the next while not “resting” when it hits an inactive step. it can produce some more clever sounding variations.

2 Likes

Sorry, was wrong…just the PO-33.

Thx for clarifing. Did not know.

1 Like

Yep, but I mean that playback directly jumps to the next step, which shortens track length (like on the Volca Beats, among others). This is really fun, if you get the chance to try.

Oh OK, sad

Kp3 sample part does this too.
You can create much more complex things with Octatrack with slices, lfos, TRC, Plays Free tracks, crossfader…
Reverse play of slices with ramp lfo, select slices with lfo designer, randomize the selected slices order…

1 Like

They are DCOs, the wave shaping is analog. (They are analog oscillators).

4 Likes

what about the 5th on the sub osc :wink:

AR = fine sample start, tempo saved to kit
A4 = lfo mod destination page, stop auto closing (closes after 3-4 seconds, very annoying during experimentation)
OT = offline resample/individual track export

All units = easy way to organize songs/kits/patterns across projects

1 Like

We simply count to 3 instead of 2 or 4.

4 Likes

I’d also love to see a function to lock to one page at a time - if I want to tweak just a certain part it can get tedious

Oh wow I had no idea.

And on every sound, no less…

1 Like