Logic Pro X and Overbridge

Hi!
Here’s how I got it to work (at least for my A4, but the process may be similar with the Rytm).
-choose Multi-Out version of the plugin

• in the Logic mixer view look at the generated Rytm Track and locate the “+”
    button. Press it to generate new channels. If you used NIs Kontakt it’s the same way to setup more outputs in Logic (or Maschine etc.)
  • the channel inputs shown above the mixer should reflect the outputs (my A4 shows A4 out 1,2,…)
  • create a new Instrument Track and insert Logics External Instrument plug-in
  • open the plugin and choose the “send Midi to” Rytm CH 1,2,3…
    -on the “audio from” leave it blank.This is already handled by Overbridge.
    now (at least I do) you have midi going out and through the mixer audio coming in

Hope this helps…

Nope. Had heavily distorted audio sometimes, then the playback stutters, my A4 hangs,… Sadly it isn’t what I hoped for. Logic gets pretty sluggish when opening/closing the Overbridge plugin, often showing the beachball-of-death and then glitching back to normal. Very disappointing at least for me…

What bothers me most is the latency… It’s nowhere near what 128 sample buffer normally gives. More like 50ms or more. Live playing through the plugin with AK is near impossible with such latency. Strangely the buffer size does not change it much, only lowering the safety margin improves it somewhat. And of course crashing, clicks and noise… these occurs sometimes.

hm sounds not so good as it should. will be in studio tommorrow and give the new overbridge a test run.

what about using logic´s low latency mode?

Hum , i give up. Distorded audio, sync is not consistent, too much latency.

I know its public beta but i have been waiting for a long time and i think i will pass on Overbridge.

Thanks for the run through.
I have managed to get this working on the A4. Though, now I’m looking for a way to be able to mute/solo individual tracks. I have 5 tracks total. The top track is the A4 plugin track which seems to take in all the audio. Below that track are four midi tracks for each of the A4’s channels. It seems that by using this method you cannot mute/solo individual tracks… even if you physically mute tracks on the A4 box itself? Maybe I’m missing something obvious?

The Aggregate Device method mentioned in an earlier post seems to sort the solo/muting scenario for the time being.

I’m up and running for the time being:)

Hi sVendetta,
Thanks for explain the method i’m tryng to use AK multiout as i normaly use others plug in,like Omnisphere and Kontakt.
Here seems there are some problems with the channells and out, the first instruments track seems recive TRK1 1 and effects of all other TRK, maybe i’m getting something wrong?
Is it possible for in your setup have effect track in different Aux, for example?
THX!!!

Still not usable in LPX. :disappointed:

Audio distorted, out of sync, keep crashing every time i try to open multi outputs and latency is really bad.

works great with ableton and S1 tho.

Really like new total recall and tighter sync in ableton.

Hope working beta for LPX coming soon.

Hi losteve! No, output 1/2 on the A4 are always dedicated to the FX, so this is the AUX. The following channels contain the “dry” tracks 1-4. A bit confusing, because you can blend the FX for all tracks only together…
To set it up you have to open the Overbridge routing plugin. I set it up like this: on the left side ALL tracks selected to input to my DAW @16bit, right side only main 1+2 @16bit selected from DAW. This way you’re not exceeding the maximum usb-bandwith and it works pretty well.

… after testing a little more I found that in Logic EVERY other, non-Overbridge track has to be delayed for 155-170ticks to get a reasonable timing. Otherwise the timing is very late. The Lo-Latency mode in Logic does not change anything. This could be related to a flawed latency compensation in Logic (10.2.1). But the good news is, that you can record single tracks and then have the audio on individual tracks. Neat.
I tried Studio One Pro 3 with Overbridge and it works perfectly (yes, quote this. PERFECTLY.) Seems as if Elektron has to put in some more effort in the AU plugin. I returned to Logic after Studio One didn’t support my Avid controllers as good as Logic does. It’s always either have this or that. If you want it all… forget it;-)

I’ve got massive problems with the upgrade.

I had almost no issues with OB 1.0.5.0 , but now…

When I try to edit in the plug in, or even when I just open it, Logic Pro X crashes. Sometimes even the OS says good-bye.
And I get sometimes glitchy sounds out of the AK.

Maybe it’s also a problem of the new beta-driver for the Motu Interface (Ultra Light Mk3 Hybrid).

I’m a bit frustrated. I guess I have to kick OB :frowning:

But when it runs for a little… no latency. LOL

Ok, Thanks!!!
Now i have understand the routing, but for me is quite unusable in logic X.
Everytime trying to save in total recall mode, logic Crash, sometimes The OS and also my Ak doesn’t like, freeze.
Same story of Mistazo.
I can only turn off my Ak, turn on and reopen Logic.
In the last 1 hour happens 6 times.
No comment…

connected AR + A4 via Overhub on a macbookpro 2011 yosemite with Logic X 10.2.1 (new Logic update avaialbe since Thursday) … and the only thing i´m getting is very bitcrushing something … not even worth to call that “sound”.

Even the new Plugin is to big to fit on the screen on a macbook 13".

1 plugin (a4 or ar) works fine. but as soon as I turn the other plugin on, it gets … strange, noisy, bitchrushy …

I recognized that also only one of the 2 stereo channels is coming into logic. I set up ping pong delay and wide reverb - bit is still mono. When I pan a sound in the A4 to right, I hear the sound. But when I pan to the left I hear only the delay and reverb - no orginal sound.

Would I be right in saying that, at some stage, the issues with logic and overbridge will be solved and it won’t be shelved?

Asking as I’m learning Logic at the minute and part of my reason for starting with Logic was the thought that I can use OB with it.

Thanks

Honestly I seriously doubt it at this point. I bought a second-hand copy of Live 9.5 after being a Logic user just so I could get OB to work (and having very little faith a stable Logic version was coming anytime soon). I’m having more problems now with 1.10 in Live than I had before the update (overhub isn’t even working now).
Thinking now about just reselling Live and forgetting Overbridge ever existed.

I can get one device working in Logic, although with fairly severe latency / sync issues - both when using the boxes’ sequencer and sequencing from the piano roll. However, if I instantiate a second plugin (A4 and Rytm), everything goes to hell.

Tbh, I haven’t really spent too much time with Logic, as I’m concentrating on testing with Live at the moment, however my impression is that it’s still not at a point where it’s really viable.

Hey everyone, am I correct in saying that you shouldn’t let your Elektron device become your audio interface? Keep using your usual interface driver? I was getting almost 1/2 beat latency sync if the Elektron AR takes over.

-In Logic create a multi-timbral software instrument with 6 parts (Tracks 1-4, FX, CV)

-Load Overbridge into the track as a multi-output instrument.

-In the mixer view press the + icon of the track 4 times (or 5 if you want to use the external-in track).

-Now you have individual tracks.

-To record them send them to individual buses and make audio tracks with those buses as inputs.

-Remember to stop the voices from going to the main out so that you can have a stereo fx track with none of the dry signals.

I can only get 1 machine working at a time and the sync makes it unusable in combination with other sound sources :disappointed: