Logic Pro X and Overbridge

Wait is too long…Elektron support replied that they don’t know when AU version will be available…even next beta.

Starting to think they won’t be able to deliver. Will be a pretty big black eye if they can’t.

Dont really like Ableton but i’ve bought Bitwig and its working fine with Overbridge (some bugs but its workable) and for me its way better than Ableton live and cheaper too.

Im sure they will deliver, Logic is a very very popular DAW (just take a look at gearslutz forum)

Though devolvement was quite long so there is already a new version of OSX and i guess it might cause other problems …

if they are not able to deliver then maybe it would be better for them to do something else for a living. Its been a pain in the ass to get the money to buy AR and A4 and its at least expected that the support should worth the money that I’ve spend on them. I’ m just asking to deliver what is already announced. By the way, where is the ring mod bass drum? Lol.

The question we need to ask is; how much of this delay is Apples fault and not Elektrons?

Why would any of it be Apple’s fault?

its 100% elektrons fault… Elektron had 1,5 year to prepare the OB in different platforms.

Why would any of it be Apple’s fault?[/quote]
Constant OS updates from them that Elektron have to work around, just guessing here!

NEWS???

I don’t think that there is anyone from Elektron in here …
If there is someone just raise your hand…

lol

Cenk showed us the upcoming Overbridge Update and Analog 4/K/R OS update at DAVE Festival Workshop Camp last weekend … I asked him about Logic and I´m not sure what he answered, but I guess there will be an update also soon … :wink:

Nice~!
So can you tell us more about Overbridge update and A4/AR OS update?
Just bug fix update? or any new features like
Total recall? better file management? and what is estimated release date?
Thanks.

update for overbridge and analog f/k/r with new grafic, much better sync, total recall beta … and some new functions for the sequencer.
Not sure about the release date, but maybe end of the month or so.

Wow…great news!!
Thanks insect.

Have a problem with Multichannel outputs
Its available at logicX now?

Read on !

All the posts above are usefull .

Get on on elektron case and ask the to add that function . I’ ve been waiting for 6 months now :sob:

anyone using A4/AR as an aggregat device in Logic?

I set up an aggregat device on iMac 2014 i5 with A4 + TR8 + Motu 828MKII soundcard and it worked well in Logic 9. Yesterday I set up an aggregat device on my macbookpro 2011 i5 with AR + A4 + focucusrite firewire soundcard. A4 + AR pluged in to own usb ports … but it sounds bad … clicking and popping 100 times a second. So not working. Overbridge control panel seeing both maschines (green dots).

Ableton with both maschines in overbridge is working fine. Has anyone an idee why aggegate device is not working on the macbookpro?

Is logic 100% running well with overbridge now?

I can get an overall sound using the AU plug-in just fine now. However, I can’t figure out for the life of me how to get individual tracks out - the plug-in sums them as if it’s a main L/R track (I have configured the Overbridge Control Panel correctly, I believe).

The 2 options available when selecting the AU unit in the channel strip are Stereo or ‘Multi-Output (6 x stereo)’. However, there’s no way to select individual tracks. I don’t know if I’m missing an option here, but I can’t see anything in the channel strip.

Furthermore, I’m having problems monitoring what I’m recording. There must be some kind of signal flow option that I’m missing.

If I want to hear the sound coming out of the AK, then I need to be monitoring the MIDI track with the AU plug-in on it, and it has to be routed to the main Stereo Output further down the channel strip. However, as it’s a MIDI track, hitting record doesn’t actually record anything.

So I set up an audio track to run alongside it. There doesn’t seem to be a way to get this track to ‘listen’ to the Keys directly, annoyingly. The only way I could find to record any sound was to set the MIDI track to Output to Bus 1, and then get the audio track to select Bus 1 as its input. This records the main output from the AK just fine. However, there are 2 problems:

1. I can’t figure out how to monitor the sound when recording on the audio track. Routing the AK to Bus 1 on the MIDI track means that nothing’s coming out of the stereo output, and so I can’t hear anything even when setting the audio track’s input to Bus 1. Therefore I’m effectively recording ‘blind’.

2. Even though the recording works and plays back fine, it is a summed output of the AK. As I said at the start of this post, I can’t work out how to get individual tracks out of the AK, whereas this works just fine in Live.

I’m sure I’m missing an obvious solution for the signal flow. I wonder if anyone else has had more success in being able to hear the AK’s sound while recording in Logic, as well as getting individual tracks to work.