Introducing Digitone

Unfortunately they were closed today, ill hit them up Monday and pm you if it seems quicker than Sweetwater

:sunglasses:

Cuckoo interview with Simon on the D’t1 - best yet. :sunglasses:

10 Likes

I couldn’t tell from the manual; are the midi tracks capable of 8 notes per trig like the synth tracks?

:thup:

9 Likes

21 posts were split to a new topic: Analog Four or Digitone for FM synthesis?

When Simon said “Day One we all agreed that the algorithm should be p-lockable” I was like “oh yeah! Fudge yeah!”

I’ve never jumped on gear when it’s first released this thing looks spectacular!

Whoa! arp is plockable!

That X/Y is awesome!

2 Likes

This box seems to be a real labor of love for @Ess. I think it has the potential to be one of Elektron’s best ever!

I just hope the Digitakt gets some love too. I’m a bit surprised to hear how much more processing power the new machine has under the hood. I hope that’s not a design flaw on the Digitakt. I thought for sure the Digitakt software would be released during NAMM. :confounded:

3 Likes

Email him. He replies really fast. Probably has email on his phone.

I don’t know what I’m talking

about

I think the Elektron mini-box thing has been an exploratory, yet, confident venture. Starting out simple with the Heat, to something a bit more complex like the Digitakt, then even more complex with the Digitone. I think the Digitakt has an appropriate amount of processing power for what it aims to be. It doesn’t create its own sounds and has just enough juice to have a good level of control over the mono sounds, meanwhile the DN is generating the sound from all over the place.

The only flaws of the DT are the few bugs that will be squashed(that I haven’t seen yet)

Digitone?
I’d git one

Do I get in?
Go in, edit

Idiot gen
Do ignite!

Id, Ego, Tin
I deign to…

O, dieting!
Go dine it

7 Likes

Anybody who got in before they sold out at Elektron have their status updated to anything other than “paid”? I have a spot warm and ready for it right next to the DT.

Edit: I just realized it was probably near business closing at Elektron on Friday even though I was ordering in the morning in California.

Digitone would sound great feeding into an external analog filter.
Your own hybrid, best of both worlds

2 Likes

:star_struck:

1 Like

Really?? I assumed not because arp options are in a submenu…

4 Likes

I ordered Thu night CET, it‘ll probably ship soon.

Simon said that it’s p-lockable in the Cuckoo vid. I have my doubts, but he said it

1 Like

Wow! All with FM synthesis, eh? Pretty realistic sounding

1 Like

When the mk2’s came out I was all meh… I didnt like the formfactor. They sound really good, but to big for me, no GAS there. What Elektron does with these boxes, first heat, than digitakt and now the Digitone, I like that path! I am allready past that analog verses digital blabla. Digital rocks. Same with my modular, more and more digital is coming out and its soooo good. I paired the digitakt with modular and the Digitone will have its place in my workflow.

Now Elektron! The Digitone is out, its time to give some love to the Digitakt. Thanks for these great machines! (Sorry some sundaymorning sentiment, I had a really good sleep and a nice dream)

2 Likes