Introducing Digitone

4 Likes

I ordered Thu night CET, it‘ll probably ship soon.

Simon said that it’s p-lockable in the Cuckoo vid. I have my doubts, but he said it

1 Like

Wow! All with FM synthesis, eh? Pretty realistic sounding

1 Like

When the mk2’s came out I was all meh
 I didnt like the formfactor. They sound really good, but to big for me, no GAS there. What Elektron does with these boxes, first heat, than digitakt and now the Digitone, I like that path! I am allready past that analog verses digital blabla. Digital rocks. Same with my modular, more and more digital is coming out and its soooo good. I paired the digitakt with modular and the Digitone will have its place in my workflow.

Now Elektron! The Digitone is out, its time to give some love to the Digitakt. Thanks for these great machines! (Sorry some sundaymorning sentiment, I had a really good sleep and a nice dream)

2 Likes

Same for me. So many people complain about all the small gear coming out these days, but it’s perfect for me.

3 Likes

I don’t get the need for midi out on everything either. If the Dtone has 6 or 8 audio tracks and no midi out at all, well that’d be game over. And I mean sure if you use other gear, maybe it’s handy. But it’s likely sibling is the DT, which already has 8 midi outs. Funny how the Analog series didn’t have midi out at all and everybody cried blue murder for it. That said one thing I absolutely love about the Dtone is 8 voices. That’s two solid chord lines and maybe a bass line and a lead line. If it had 6/8 tracks it would demolish everything, but they’ve still gotta sell DT’s I guess :slight_smile:

Velocity can be mapped to up to 4 synth parameters

2 Likes

Lol, no midi on the analogs and people complained

So they add midi to the DN
 and you’re complaining?

¯\(ツ)/¯

2 Likes

They even added 8 Voice polyphone to the Sequencer
but PPL always find something to complain about. Must be our human nature.

1 Like
1 Like

I just don’t get why people complain about number of voices when it comes to Elektron gear, I’m pretty sure that some of the Elektron guys use/used C64, Nanoloop, trackers etc and are fully aware of what can be achieved in the constraints of a “limited” environment, and with p-locks and well chosen parameters it is pretty easy to make it sound like a lot more is going, simply reducing it down to voice count is missing the point IMHO.

Besides there are plenty of many voice synths out there, but for me they are not as fun or inspiring to use, I get that keyboardists might want huge chords and so on, but that isn’t and has never really been the focus for Elektron - thank Thor :wink:

8 Likes

@Ess mentions this in the Cuckoo interview above. They deliberately applied limitations to the FM engine to make a more “SYNTH” sounding machine, not a flute or piano recreation device.

Anyone know if the Arp can trigger outbound midi notes?

I don’t think that was about the number of voices, but about the number of operators

1 Like

Very true, a similar sentiment though to what @darenager is talking about either way.

I dunno about complaining, just saying what i would prefer, and hey you can’t have everything your way. If they sold two versions, one with 8 audio tracks, and one with 4 and 4, that would be mad, but yeah I’m dreaming

Yeah it’s weird, I like compact gear too, I only have a very small room so for me the smaller gear is perfect (not that the older bigger Elektron gear is too big either though) Huge monoliths like the new Waldorf synth are no good for me, but I don’t go on threads pertaining to those kinds of synths complaining that they are too big, I simply disregard them, it’s pretty simple.

6 Likes

And If you want something Quantum Sounds
Go to your iPad and get the Waldorf Nave App. Similar engine.

His explanation was THE best seller Argument for me.

2 Likes