Introducing Digitone

Cenk - this is my favourite video from NAMM. especially at 7:10 & 10:00 & 11:50.

’if they don’t give me a random option I’ll do it properly’

Classic.

I’m guessing they dropped you and Simon in at the deep end on day one but it’s good to see how you get to grips with what the DN can do with some classic Dataline medicine.

9 Likes

sounds amazing, Thud thuddyy.

So, from the vid I’m assuming you can layer 8 different FM snares on one step? and blow up some speakers, ha :slight_smile:

Only 4 different snares at once, though you could use two voice unison for each voice :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Some people write songs though. It’s a major way I use the MnM. Occasionally for minimal live use but often in the development of sketches

Lfo ?

45 posts were split to a new topic: Digitone is now shipping

does the Digitone do panoramic voice spreading? And if so can you turn it on/off? Some DSI synths do this - OB6 for example.

1 Like

I guess you can’t do that Farey sequence family ratios in DN

Just managed a chance for a proper look/listen …

w.o.w. :3lektron: :thup:

5 Likes

Sounds to me like the stepping you are hearing are the harmonic ratios being selected between the various operators. Standard on FM synths.
If it didn’t do this, it would be inharmonic and sound like shit basically

Good, can’t wait for user videos to get a better idea of the workflow/sound!

2 Likes

33 posts were split to a new topic: About prices differences and VAT

By the way guys, is the stereo audio input affected by filters and FX?

Only FX I think

1 Like

Seems to be what it’s all about…Master fx section only…For now ^^…

1 Like

It’s time the DN gets it’s own forum section.

3 Likes

Yep. I asked for it, but I think @elektronauts is a bit busy :wink:
Coming soon. Dig your avatar btw :smiley:

1 Like

Damn dude… that video was insane. GASing hard now.
I have a Maschine MK3 that I was going to go pick up but might swap for a DN…
the thing just sounds so damn good. Pair it with my Op1 for drums and samples and I’m gravy

Do I want a new midi controller that I can complete whole songs on but need to use the computer all the time and learn a new SW package (Maschine 2.7)

Or a new HW box that I can program like a tracker (and I know my way around Elektron seq) and then stream each track to my familiar daw for mastering and developing

This is a tough one!

Right. Horse for courses fella.

I have no need. You need it.

It’s the wonderfully diverse world of music production.