Introducing Digitone

You can replace the knobs with chroma caps. A buddy of mine did that.

3 Likes

Interested in where as well.

Go for NI Maschine, you wont regret it, its a central HUB for music production on the fly. Easy too learn, good results. You can add the electron Digitone later.

1 Like

Does anyone know the release date for stores yet ? Been looking but canā€™t find anything. Havenā€™t heard back from Sweetwater in regards to it.

Excited on this release.

Any recommendations of where to shop in Italy? Iā€™ll be working there for a month or so and hope to get one while Iā€™m there.

Also - curious to hear how many monomachine users plan to add a Digitone to their setups?

DANG DANG DANG!
I should stop watching these videos.
It just dawned on me that the Digitone sounds like a bunch of tracks I made in Ableton that I abandoned years ago and havenā€™t been able to successfully re-create on the dark trinity.
Itā€™s starting to call me

2 Likes

Monomachine user here definitely addin a digitone to my set up. Fm is great on the monomachine but the updated sequencers feature of the digitone are probably gonna outshine the mnmā€™s fm

1 Like

I too wanted wavetable, but the more I read about the Digitone I think it kinda is a wavetable synth. The algorithmā€™s X, Y outputs give you 2 different waves that you can mix between with LFO/PLocks etc. And FM lets you create a massive number of different X, Y waveforms instead of just a fixed number of wavetables.

3 Likes

Pretty much!

1 Like

so i only got 1:55 through this video because i had to go find out what SNDā€™s Atavism sounded like.
still recovering.

4 Likes

Excited as hell to check out all users video very soon !!
That techno track jam at the end of cuckoo review sounds just so good !!

1 Like

Yeah - my sentiment exactly. The new form factor and UI (at least judging from the digitakt) is a lot of fun. I find myself much faster on the digitakt than on pretty much all the other electron machines.

1 Like

Not to mention- MnM is 3 operator, you canā€™t change algorithm, sound is fresher on the DN, and the deeper controls on the DN(including X/Y)

Good decision!

2 Likes

Nice high quality loud recording of some factory patterns

7 Likes
4 Likes

I heard that this could be implemented in the future. It would make sense.

Where did you hear that?

That chord and scale mode, though! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

NAMM Booth, but I canā€™t remember verbatim if it was a ā€œmaybeā€ or a ā€œprobablyā€

Also :elmm: user. Also adding Digitone. For pretty much the same reasons. Although I think Iā€™ll still use the hell out of Monomachineā€™s FM - itā€™s just tailor made for some really distinct sounds. But I donā€™t think of it as FM as much as I think of it as MnMFM. :wink:

Really excited to add Digitone to lineup. Itā€™s not going to replace Monomachine but might replace A4.

Or, again, it might free up A4 where Iā€™ve been trying too hard to do FM-ish things that Digitone will do better.

3 Likes