Introducing Digitakt

I plan to sample Cenk and Simon saying “Digitakt” and make a beat with that😄

2 Likes

You are making the assumption that the FX can receive MIDI CC’s to affect their parameters. All will be revealed, but I also expect that if this were possible, Elektron would have mentioned it when they said it was not possible to P-Lock/automate the FX.

I doubt CC control will be absent for any parameters tbh, but time will tell … sequencing it onboard is another kettle of fish to doing it remotely

Hopefully you are correct!

1 Like

I think data line said ‘all midi mappable’

Sure with some careful midi settings to avoid feedback. Well known OT technique to utilize midi arp and extra lfos and what not… :okej:

3 Likes

One thing I’m wondering about using the Digitakt as an audio interface with Overbridge. If you sequence an external piece of gear like a sampler or synth, and want to record it in your DAW using the Digitakt as an audio interface, is it possible to plug the outs from the gear into the ins on Digitakt and record the audio from the sequence you created for the external gear using the Digitakt along with the audio tracks of the Digitakt? If so, I’m guessing as long as the Digitakt is locked in with the DAW, I could do multiple passes with the various pieces of gear I’m sequencing with the Digitakt to get everything into the DAW.

I’m almost certain this will work - in a number of youtube videos Cenk says that the DT will act as 2 in 2 out ASIO/Mac audio interface straight off the bat.

Does the protective lid for the Digitakt really cost $50 USD? Is it made of some special type of plastic? I kind of assumed that it would be part of the package…

Quick DT feature request here.
Watching the DT videos where Cenk uses the rotary encoders to select a specific sample, it seems that the scaling of the wheel relative to the scrolling through the list of samples is not especially well suited to zeroing in on a specific sample, the rotational scaling being more geared to scrolling through 100’s of samples quickly. Could we have the option of using the Up Arrow (Oct+) Down Arrow (Oct-) as an additional way to pick the specific sample we want - this will stop us getting RSI in our fingers in a year or two from now…

I don’t understand the appeal of those plastic lids. I’d much rather protect the unit with a hard case than wearing the paint around the edges of the unit with a rigid plastic lid constantly rubbing up against it.

4 Likes

Agreed, they look a bit ‘Bento box’ to me.

Is there a particular hard case that’s ideal for the Digitakt?

I’m also wondering about the filing system for the samples, I’m hoping we can create folders so we can set up categories when scrolling i.e. drums, synth, etc…

Jonwayne got his already

2 Likes

His doesn’t appear to have the “master” function

1 Like

ok, special request to the @Ess and elektron Crew to post here the following:
i´d like to hear from you about the sample names and how these are displayed within the digitakt:
how many letters can a sample name have ?
how many letters do we see ?
if the displayed name is truncated somewhere, how ?
(whats the worst case/screen szenario ? )

i REALLY had issues with the sample names when working with the octatrack, depending on which screen i was.
for example p-locking samples was ugly in regards to read the samples names.
( those little things are btw. a reason for me to let a machine go in the meantime )

@elektron, look:
beside all the speculations here, what I/we can do allready right now is to:
prepare our sample sets ! :wink:
personally, i´d like to have some folders with drumsamples etc. that are “named” so that they suit the needs of the DT as good as possible :wink:
fair request right ?

1 Like

That looks kind of like an early prototype. Which reminds me, did anyone notice the import/export function under … Wonder what that’s all about. Drag and drop audio/midi via VST in Live? Please. :sunglasses:

Looks like the Master function has been removed??!

So… it’s mid May. Where is Digitakt?

1 Like