Introducing Digitakt

Digitakt is like the wind, although its invisible and cannot be seen with the eyes, you can feel its presence and know its there.

1 Like

And gives yā€™allā€¦

Obvs I had younger sisters around when I was growing upā€¦ Wonā€™t be making a habit of dirtying the forum walls with this stuff :wink:

5 Likes

I reckon itā€™s done now and would do well in our hands. Which is why maybe a few early adopters already have one, specifically delivered outside of the pre-order system or usual commercial logistics. Theyā€™re well aware that itā€™s probably another firmware update coming before the instrument is launched and just enjoy having early access.

But Elektron want to put in more polish, more shine and an additional feature or two that would justify the pre-hype - knowing full well that once itā€™s out, no one will remember the presumed delays or waits, but just love the instrument for what it is.

I totally respect that approach and know that once the Digi arrives, itā€™ll be worth the wait, cause thatā€™s why weā€™re waiting - Elektron making sure itā€™ll be worth it.

Very true, though I do feel like a little boy eagerly waiting for his birthday to finally show up on the calendar.

Tbh, its not that bad. Iā€™m quite patient, just excited too:)

1 Like

Oh well. I canceled my preorder, need the money for something else seeing as the release didnā€™t make it to mid-May like they announced. Iā€™ll definetily take another look at DT when they finally manage to release it.

Agree. And one of the things I miss about being a kid, is that regular sense of wonder, that perception of looking forward to something.

Elektronā€™s stuff still makes me feel that way. I like that I still have that sense of wonder, when it comes to music making.

3 Likes

Iā€™m still happily waiting. Tbh, a little more info will be nice but lately this thread has devolved into a specā€¦ulation thread instead of specs.
Idk if I can take it, arghhhā€¦
Now June! Damn

Just joking, Iā€™m super excited

1 Like

Is this June thing confirmed though?

Seems like another doomsday conspiracy that somehow found its way to the Digitakt thread

I was waiting for the mpc live, delayed so many times. Hope this isnā€™t the same rodeo

No, weā€™re still aiming for May.

26 Likes

Good morning, Simon! Tell us some stuff about Digitakt to make this wait more tolerable, you handsome bastard.

Love you xx

2 Likes

I guess youā€™ll be pretty annoyed if shipment gets announced this week then :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks Simon, thought so.

Goodluck, and hope the weather there is as good as it (finally) is out here:)

Itā€™s pretty badā€¦ But thatā€™s how it usually is in olā€™ Gothenburg! Who has time to make synthesizers with good weather anyway?? Go figure. :smiley:

Ohhh hmmā€¦ Well, Iā€™ve been making a lot of stuff with only a sinewave as sound source. If you push that into the filter with a short decay and a lot of resonance you will get the fattest kicks around. Itā€™s really heavy!

Also been messing around with the delay for karplus strong synthesis. Pushing up the BPM to max, and then halving the pattern scaling. Since the delay time is high resolutino you can really dial in which tone you want.

Been using it a bit with my trusty MC-202, using the sampling input as mix in. DIN sync is working well, and they are a great pair!

Havenā€™t actually tried patching MIDI into itself, but some other folks here have done it for some lovely layering.

And Iā€™ve been trying out some more ambient adventures on it, namely sampling some piano material, then locking the playback direction for each step, dialing in the exact point were the playhead will stop to make a sort of ping pong behavior. Double this for a couple of tracks, pan it out and boom you have a somewhat granular thing going on. Lovely. Sounded a bit like GAS (Wolfgang Voigt)

25 Likes

202 Forever!

3 Likes

Itā€™s the best!

2 Likes

love me soem 202 :slight_smile:

Have many features been added since we saw it at Superbooth? When are we likely to get a look at midi tracks, or more concrete information. Iā€™m holding out to order until I can see the full feature set. :-/

Have you got the link to the video with Cenk and Simon? Didnā€™t find it.