Introducing Digitakt

Switched On has them: https://www.instagram.com/p/BUkjU70jjqv/

Just emailed Perfect Circuit - nothing yet :frowning:

Yeah me too. I hope Moogaudio Canada gets them soon. Afaik I’m on the first batch. It’s so exciting :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Same here. I e-mailed them a while ago and they said they put in an order for 30 of them. Who knows if they’ll get that many, but I certainly hope I’m part of the first batch, and don’t have to wait until July or later for the next batch.

I’m picking mine up there too really hoping they might come in tomorrow since I’m going out of town Monday :upside_down_face:

1 Like

See ya guys next week!

19 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Microphone to connect to sampler?

I’ve emailed Perfect Circuit twice, I don’t want to overdue it but I NEED THE DIGI

1 Like

I will say I don’t think every value needed to be carried out to two decimal places. Getting the value that looks right is a bit difficult. I just want an even 50 not 49.63 or 50.08 and that can be difficult with the sensitivity of the knobs. [Edit] as @knobgoblin mentions below… I just push in the knobs. Silly me.

However the machine is sounding great, looks great and feels great. I’ll give it a month, but for my needs I think the Digitakt has it covered and my MD MkII will need to find a new home.

2 Likes

Does it lock to integers when you push and move?

1 Like

someone actually posted a video of not just the presets:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUk2OwbAbqY/

5 Likes

You, my friend, someone paid attention to the videos.

(Yes it does, and my shame is public)

2 Likes

:nerd_face::nerd_face::nerd_face:

1 Like

Good! Glad my sample chain planning hasn’t been for naught…ahem excuse me, naut

1 Like

Things not being integers is not a real problem though. The inability to choose values between integers is an actual problem.

1 Like

True, just keeps things tidy and quick

That’s just your psychology. A noninteger value on the filter cutoff is not inferior to an integer value.

No, just slower to dial in

1 Like

Neither is necessarily more valuable, sure. But 50.08 vs 50 on most values isn’t likely to add up to an audible difference. The precision is nice when you dicing up a sample or playing with micro timing. I am curious where you would see the most benefits in sound design in the minuet differences?

Definitely filter cutoff; resonance as well. I’d want it for drive, and bit rate. I’d want it for everything actually, and it’s one of the most appealing aspects of the DT to me. That level of precision for all parameters is desirable to me.

1 Like

I think we all agree that the resolution is good. All I was saying is that for certain tasks it is good to have a dedicated way to scroll thru integers, most pressing to me is for sample start, because I’ve recently built a bunch of chains relying on dividing a sample into equal slices. Seems Elektron agreed