Microphone to connect to sampler?

kind of changing directions here:

Can anyone recommend a microphone I could plug straight into the Digitakt inputs? It’d probably have to be battery powered. Doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just something to record spoken words or every day sounds.

Any of the hand held tascam recorders would do well. I use mine often and it puts out solid sound quality.

1 Like

Zoom/Tascam/Roland recorders, Korg Kaossilator 2S (mic+synth), Korg Mini Kaoss Pad 2S (mic+fx), Boss Micro BR…smarphone…

Not looking to buy a recorder. Just a microphone. I’m surprised that this isn’t more of a thing.

I saw some guy on Youtube use a battery powered microphone plug straight into his Organelle and that looked perfect but I couldn’t find the model. The point is to be portable so I can jam out with just a mic and the Digitakt.

1 Like

Since the DT has line-level inputs you’ll need a mic with a built-in preamp. Maybe look into camera mics, they often have a built-in, battery-powered preamps and analog output.

It can get pretty good if you look at video production-type stuff.

2 Likes

They’ll have mic level pre-amps, for example, the Rode you listed has a max output of 6.9mV.

2 Likes

hmm, good point. TBH I have no experience with them.

I seriously recommend a portable recorder with built in mic, like a Zoom or Tascam. You can fit them in your pocket and record ideas & found sounds or hook it up via the line output and use it like a conventional mic.

8 Likes

If it can sample via USB as mentioned previously, is it possible to use a USB powered mic in the USB port? Never checked em out but might be something useable out there?

1 Like

this won’t work since Digitakt is not a USB host, and neither is a USB microphone… same as you cannot connect a keyboard to a mouse.

4 Likes

Tascam mic for $60 that runs off 1 AA battery.

4 Likes

edit: I listed a recorder. An sm57 or sm58 would do the trick

Check the ikmultimedia line

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/cat-view.php?C=microphones

The battery only gives phantom power to the mic. Will need a micpre.

I’m looking for a good mic (& preamp) for doing impromptu sampling with the Digitakt.

Like: I’m in a coffee house, with my DT and decided I want to sample the the espresso machine. So, on-the-fly, noisy environments, quick and easy. Bonus points for very small, simple set up.

Recommendations?

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out the same thing. Preferably a iPhone compatible so I don’t have to add much new gear.

The TC Electronic Mic Mechanic is 9v powered, plug any XLR mic into it and then into the DT. Likely a better sound than a mic/mic-pre combo depending …