Introducing Digitakt

ditto, used the easter weekend coupon, but there was a st patty day coupon before that.

So the Master button will stir my beats pitched black, no sugar and cream please.

In a bid to restore some normality, here’s a serious question:

Will I be able to solo as well as mute a track? And were my eyes deceiving me when it appeared that the dude Thavius Beck was hands-free* muting tracks in the Instagram video mentioned further up this thread…that now seems to be gone from TB’s Instagram feed. Hmm.

*Hands-free as in not having to hold FUNC + another button to perform the mute. Somehow he’d been able to latch the mute function on so he had a whole 10 fingers and thumbs free to mute and un-mute.

I hope I didn’t just imagine this.

The master button will give your beats the jitters, stained teeth and bad breath. That’s how powerful it is!

1 Like

That’s what I saw too. Same way the Rytm operates, but the Rytm as a mute page. The FUNC button seems to enable “quick mutes”. My guess is that the track only mutes when the FUNC + button is held*. This raises another major question for me: On the Rytm when you mute a sample track, that sample will continue to play for as long as it is or based on the envelope. It can be cool for transitions and stuff, but also can be really annoying. I hope there are more sample playback options on the Digitakt to work around this. I would love to be able to choose whether the sample completely cuts off when muted or plays out/fades out.

• In “quick mute mode”
1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic Side discussion from Digitakt thread

MASTER button is just an alt difficulty level. For DT jedi. Cuts available tracks to one. Kills the screen. Throws random p-locks at you that flash on pads and you have to wack-a-mole them. Ninjas only…

11 Likes

@BTS.WRKNG :smiley:

3 Likes

Holy shit. Mind blown. Excitement +1,000,000 now!

1 Like

Yeah, I’d thought exactly this. Choice over whether sample fades or cuts on track mute is a very useful option to have.

2 Likes

Yep. I missed Program Change plock ability !
Very good news. :grinning:

Can’t break these vikings!

13 Likes

Rod stewart we are sailing.

Does this mean you’re shipping? :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

I’m still hoping for the ability to route the midi tracks to the DT internally instead of needing a cable. I’m picturing parameter locking the CTR-ALL CC values to do some wild stuff, and if there ends up being a compressor on the “Master”, it’d be really neat to automate it with the midi tracks as well.

2 Likes

Thanks lemons.

“Please do not be alarmed by anything you see or hear around you…We are now cruising at a level of two to the power of two hundred and seventy-six thousand to one against and falling, and we will be restoring normality just as soon as we are sure what is normal anyway. Thank you…”

4 Likes

Due to the ability to sequence program changes, the DT paired with a Korg Minilogue/Monologue would make an ideal setup for someone looking for an affordable compact setup capable of all types of wild sound mangling/design imo.

2 Likes

I hadn’t thought about it when I ordered it, but I’m totally looking forward to sequencing (and sampling) the Minilogue from the DT. It feels like a bonus on top of a prize, or something. They are hand-and-glove.

The funny thing about these so-called “delays” is that very few people remember them once the product ships. But once a product gets a reputation for having a half-baked OS it can haunt it for years after the OS is fixed.

2 Likes

The 16-step limit on the Monologue sequencer drives me nuts because it is such a fun/intuitive sequencer otherwise. The DT will make cheap synths with lame limitations like this much more useful with it’s “swiss-army-knife” full of tools.

4 Likes